RESULTS**** TYPICAL

Options
ok. so first let me explain why im doing this. My name is Lynnette. Pardon me for the crappy grammar and punctuation but here it goes. i have not always looked this way. hell almost 12 years ago i weighed 186 lbs and was a size 18. that is after gaining over 124 lbs for my second child. yes you read that right. i weighed in at a prime 316 the day i delivered that baby. and she was a 10 pounder to boot. do the math people... wasnt pretty. fast forward 6 months standing in a dressing room trying to find a dress to wear to my sisters wedding. size 18 . great. better than the 3X i was wearing for my maternity clothing. i HAD come a long way but nowwheres near where i longed to be. light bulb moment right there. bought the damn dress and swung by the nearest gym to sign up. got a trainer and the whole 9 yards. didnt care how much it costed i would finance the damn thing... i wanted out of the body i had and into another one i dreamed of. didnt happen over night im afraid.... but it did happen. i hated everything to do with that place... AT FIRST. i suffered under baggy shirts and sweats, would not be seen in anything but. after about 3 weeks of just getting my butt to the gym and sweating it out with my trainer screaming at me cuz i wanted her to be ruthless and harsh and show me what i was capable of ... i started seeing changes. not big but enough to keep me going!!! i likes it. then by the power of actually picking up a hexagon funky shaped thing... i was in love. what a power to be able to put up 10 lb weights above your head. such a wonderful feeling. fast forward a few years. NINE to be exact. what a powerful feeling to be able to lift 50 60 even 65s for a chest press. what im trying ti get at people is it doesnt come quick...but it does come, and with sweat and determination... you will get the results you want to achieve. dont go to the gym or dont workout with only half your head in the game. it has to be 110% effort or nothing. give it your all when you are in there doing what you are doing. you get there and its GAME ON!!! like nothing else around you matters. this is your time. you have set this time and its non negociable. just do it!!! that followed with healthy eating habits... and im not saying you can never have another piece of cheesecake til the day you die, but just usung your head and eating moderatly, coupled with a workout regimin you can stick with.. you will see result!!! i promise. now for those who caught that number in the beginning of this... that number was 186 at a size 18. i am now a size 8... at 183lbs!!!! 3 friggan pounds different. that is all!!!

Replies

• todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    and look amazing so inspiring!!!
  • Bikini_Beast
    Options
    You are amazing my friend! :smile:
  • Mpascarella90
    Mpascarella90 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Couldn't not have been said any better! It does come you just have to stick with it! There is no better feeling than walking in the gym with my tunes and pushing that weight around. Everytime I able to add some more weight on that bar... its an indescrible high to me.

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total *kitten*. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends way come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." - Henry Rollins
  • 1TenaciousGirl
    Options
    You are stunning my friend. Thanks for helping me remember to keep swimming. I love ya!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Great journey to share with others! Thanks for the post. Makes me excited to make the move back to a more serious lifting routine with a trainer in January. Did it on my own years ago and loved it....I've been slimming down for the past 6 months and ready to shed the last 10 lbs with the help of lifting. I'm hoping to get past a few recent injuries so I can go 100% and throw myself into it. Again, thanks for the post! Very inspiring for a soon to be lifter!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, you look awesome!!!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lynette, you are amazaaazing. So inspiring and an all around good person (brownie points?) LOL You look awesome!!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You have done well and showed everyone that patience, persistence, and moderation will lead to good results!
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You, my friend, are one Amazing woman - Never have I known anyone like you, and you radiate confidence and inspiration like no one else.

Great FREAKIN JOB!!!

:):heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • csi4us
    csi4us Posts: 74
    Options
    Would you mind posting some before pictures.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration!!:happy:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    You are a phenomenal woman. :flowerforyou:
  • FullMetalWitch
    FullMetalWitch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I *love* that you've given such an amazing example of scale weight not mattering. I remember the first time I realized I didn't have to feel bad about my weight on the scale and I could start focusing on becoming stronger instead - it was practically miraculous.
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    wow!!!!! That is incredible!!! you go girl!!!
  • Kelly502
    Options
    Nice work, thanks for posting!
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Couldn't not have been said any better! It does come you just have to stick with it! There is no better feeling than walking in the gym with my tunes and pushing that weight around. Everytime I able to add some more weight on that bar... its an indescrible high to me.

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total *kitten*. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends way come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." - Henry Rollins

I love this! can't wait to start lifting heavy!! ^_^ THANK YOU for sharing your story!! ^_^
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm so motivated to keep going by your story.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! Way to go! :)