almost died

Options
124»

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a little bit of ice cream. I eat it too - it's delicious.

However, the overall tone from some of the folks here was to load up on the stuff.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    - what is wrong with fat and sugar? Especially when someone needs to get their calories up?
    - there is not a lot of sodium in soda at all

Fat is OK in small amounts as long as it's a healthy fat, but sugar? lack of nutrients. And people who are trying to recover from an eating disorder are probably the most nutrient-deficient of all.

Also, I think the OP is a troll, based on the multiple copy + paste topics she posted on the same subject (which are now deleted), and the fact that googling her profile picture brings up a bunch of 'thinspiration' tumblrs. Suspicious.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    No reason to eat 3000 a day... Shoot for 1500 - 2000

Have your meals carb heavy with protein and veg

So, she should go against her doctors advice?

I would say so... that extreme jump could cause hyperglycemia

she needs to ladder it

its unhealthy to lose weight quickly, its unhealthy to gain it as well
  • elmirieldin
    Options
    Please ask a doctor on this.We aren't experts enough here,plus almost all of us are doing the opposite of what you are trying.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

she needs to ladder it

Maybe you should have made it clearer - you made no reference to incrementally increasing - just 'no need to go that high'
  • ilija139
    Options
    Don't forget to take a lot of vitamins and minerals. It's not just about calories.
    Also avoid simple sugars like sodas and cookies. That's not a healthy way to add calories. You can only end up getting diabetes.

Are you from Poland?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    - what is wrong with fat and sugar? Especially when someone needs to get their calories up?

Fat is OK in small amounts as long as it's a healthy fat, but sugar? lack of nutrients. And people who are trying to recover from an eating disorder are probably the most nutrient-deficient of all.

Also, I think the OP is a troll, based on the multiple copy + paste topics she posted on the same subject (which are now deleted), and the fact that googling her profile picture brings up a bunch of 'thinspiration' tumblrs. Suspicious.

I wish people would not read this out of context. She was getting up to 2,000 - needed to get up to 3,000. There is a certain assumption that people are not recommending that all the calories come from fats and sugars. I sort of thought that could go without saying but obviously not.

However, I have the same suspicions you do.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts pack a great amount of calories and it is all healthy Omega 3 fats in them! Enjoy!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You're smart to want to get a handle on this early and try to follow your doctor's advice. Weight gain is important and crucial at this point but please make sure to address what triggered the eating disorder. Chances are, whatever triggered it might still need to be resolved. Take your time and be good to yourself. And remember a lot of people care about you and want you to succeed. Take care!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Don't forget to take a lot of vitamins and minerals. It's not just about calories.
    Also avoid simple sugars like sodas and cookies. That's not a healthy way to add calories. You can only end up getting diabetes.

Are you from Poland?

Sugar causes diabetes? No.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

she needs to ladder

Maybe you should have made it clearer - you made no reference to incrementally increasing - just 'no need to go that high'

Unless she's 6 foot 5 she's doesn't need to increase to a 3000 net calorie diet
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ensureeeeeee :p
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options

I think she is fake...
  • ilija139
    Options

Are you from Poland?

It does cause, making that insulin spike up after each simple sugar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifestyle_causes_of_diabetes_mellitus_type_2 or just google it.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    he didnt suggest IP? I mean at your BMI you should be in IP, I was told I had a month to live!

You need to slowly build up to 3000 calories. Every few days you add a few hundred calories.
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    Advocado has 250 cal's per fruit which is amazing. I used to have a friend who would mash her's up with spices and would eat it with a spoon.

There's also lots of fruit smoothies that are quite high in cals. I don't know about their fat content though, they might be better for loss than gain.

Feta cheese is delicious and has about 64 cals per 25g. Goat's cheese has about 80 cals per 25g and is even more delicious! Camembert has 89 cals per 25! Have some cheese on biscuits for a snack and you'll bump your cals up majorly without filling yourself up too much.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Are you from Poland?

It does cause, making that insulin spike up after each simple sugar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifestyle_causes_of_diabetes_mellitus_type_2 or just google it.

High sugar does not 'only end up in getting diabetes'.

The main cause of Type 2 diabetes is obesity.

When you quote wikipedia - check the actual studies cited.

Also, if you are worried about insulin spikes, you had better stop eating protein.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

she needs to ladder

Unless she's 6 foot 5 she's doesn't need to increase to a 3000 net calorie diet

So you are suggesting to go against her doctors advice then?