I have a peanutbutter addiction

Options
I can't stop eating it... i tried a new kind with just one ingridient. peanuts. and i can't stop eating it. the past few days i've been eating it so uncontrollably it's horrible im down 3/4 a jar in about 3 days...i still want it but how can i keep it to just on a sandwhich or just on some toast in the morning and not a spoonful or 2 after every meal e.e

Replies

• SweatSuit
    Options
    Eat things peanut butter flavored instead of the actual peanut butter. That may help.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I hardly used to ever eat it, but now I crave it all the time, I think because it's so high in calories, so I know I can't fit much in, so I want it. PB2 is ok, like for dipping fruit in and stuff, but the real stuff is SO good!
  • SweatSuit
    Options
    Just thought, apple nachos. Google them. Melt peanut butter, and pour over them with nuts and lil chocolate chips. Gah <3 I'm a bad influence LOL!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Something that has served me very well since I started using MFP: I give in to my cravings. (within reason). I, too, have a peanut butter addiction that sometimes wanes, then flares up with a fiery passion. Your body is trying to tell you something.

I am a peanut butter enabler.
  • kristie_cla
    kristie_cla Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pb2? Same flavor (nearly exactly), fraction of the calories. Amazon.com and other stores have it. ;-)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Stop buying it, I guess. Seems the most obvious solution to me. Maybe try something like almond butter - or just raw peanuts, even.

A lot of people seem to have addictions to PB... Never got that. Hopefully, other people here on MFP (who actually like the stuff) will be able to provide better advice.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i will suggest PB2
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I just eat it. Theres good fats and minerals in there. Just track it. And I skip the bread. It's a total waste of calories and cards for ME, and interferes with my enjoyment of the peanut butter. A common lunch for me: two tablespoons of peanut butter and a half an ounce of 88% dark chocolate.
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    story of my life. I don't buy peanut butter anymore.
  • Maliberri
    Options
    That sounds... Amazing. haha
  • rhardy69
    rhardy69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter addict myself...but I have cut waaaay back. If I get a craving I eat 2 TBS of PB with sliced apples....seems to take care of the craving
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1. Better 'N Peanut Butter. 100 calories for 2 tablespoons. Also, it is already mixed- unlike PB2
    2. Maybe you crave the saltiness? Which may mean you are dehydrated since they save you crave salt when what you really need is a big glass of water.
    3. Maybe you need more Protein? Ignore what MFP says and eat 20 grams of protein at every meal (just stay within your calories)
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It's not an addiction .... it's a way of life.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i will suggest PB2
    ^this
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Peanut butter is actually really good for you. It's full of healthy fats and protein. Try incorporating peanut butter into your meals so you won't feel as much of a need to eat it between meals.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on this! The stuff is like crack. I try not to buy it but my wife does. I keep her extra jars in the basement. She has to bring them up to the kitchen when we run out. It doesn't stop me entirely, but it slows me down. The only thing that really worked for months at a time was the giant PB recall. Fear of food poisoning kept me away. Good luck!
  • delekium
    delekium Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    just google 'causes of peanut butter cravings'....
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I never liked peanut butter until I became a vegetarian... I love it now! I just ate some peanut butter and pretzels :)
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    EAT IT IF YOU LOVE IT

JUST WATCH YOUR CALORIES

PEANUT BUTTER HAS A VERY DECENT AMOUNT OF PROTIEN , FAT AND CARBS

it is ideal
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If I had a food that I considered an "addiction" and I was unable to control the amount of it I ate, I would not have it in the house. I have a friend who is like that with peanut butter. If there is a jar in the house, it is gone in a couple of days. He has learned not to buy peanut butter because he knows he cannot control his consumption.