Fat Trainers

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    people are confusing coaches and personal trainers it seems.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have went to school for a long time, I am still going to college now to finish my degree. I can not stand fat personal trainers. I have been a trainer for 2 years and I will graduate in a year with my degree in Bio-mechanics. I specialize in extreme transformations. I can not stand going to the gym and seeing a pure overweight personal trainer. How is the people you are going to train, able to have any respect for you when you are in terrible shape. You even see it on the MFP boards and Im sorry I was reading one forum post and I saw one of the people I was talking about and it got me cranked up. What do you all think about it?
    Whew...Bio-mechanics. I thought for a second there you were going to say English.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    people are confusing coaches and personal trainers it seems.

What would you say is the difference?
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my adolescence and even my 20's worried about people like you. The one's who "can't stand" or "despise" overweight people that dared to enter a physical activity. I walked onto many a rugby pitch feeling I had to prove myself to guys like that, and I did.

30 people could tell me how good I looked, or congratulate me on a game, but one guy like you looking at me with that look of disgust would just confirm everything that I thought was true about myself. The only person that despised me more than them, was me.

Not sure why any confident person would ever look at someone else and be reviled by them and desperately want them to feel inferior, but for some reason you guys exist.

Trainers are coaches. Don't like fat trainers, don't hire one.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I have went to school for a long time, I am still going to college now to finish my degree. I can not stand fat personal trainers. I have been a trainer for 2 years and I will graduate in a year with my degree in Bio-mechanics. I specialize in extreme transformations. I can not stand going to the gym and seeing a pure overweight personal trainer. How is the people you are going to train, able to have any respect for you when you are in terrible shape. You even see it on the MFP boards and Im sorry I was reading one forum post and I saw one of the people I was talking about and it got me cranked up. What do you all think about it?
    Whew...Bio-mechanics. I thought for a second there you were going to say English.

:flowerforyou:
  • Roundabouting
    Options
    When I was in uni, I had two friends that were qualified PTs, one was overweight (PT1) and the other used to be overweight but worked her butt off and lost it all (PT2). I felt bad about it but when our PT1 friend complained about not being hired anywhere, I couldn't really sympathise and same went for my PT2 friend. I would much rather a PT who has gone through the hardship and made it out on top, rather than one that hasn't made that transformation yet. I want to be able to look at my trainer and see inspiration, someone I can aspire to be, rather than looking at them thinking "If they can't do it how can I?" It didn't help that when we all went to lunch together PT2 would be having a salad or something equally healthy, whereas PT1 was eating chips or something else deep-fried, like she wasn't even trying to help her cause. I can't exactly preach because I'm not a saint, but then again I'm not the one who's a PT.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    seriously.jpg
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my adolescence and even my 20's worried about people like you. The one's who "can't stand" or "despise" overweight people that dared to enter a physical activity. I walked onto many a rugby pitch feeling I had to prove myself to guys like that, and I did.

30 people could tell me how good I looked, or congratulate me on a game, but one guy like you looking at me with that look of disgust would just confirm everything that I thought was true about myself. The only person that despised me more than them, was me.

Not sure why any confident person would ever look at someone else and be reviled by them and desperately want them to feel inferior, but for some reason you guys exist.

Trainers are coaches. Don't like fat trainers, don't hire one.

Amen Hoss.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    seriously.jpg
    lmao
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    We had a trainer here that decided to gain weight, and get fat because his clients told him that he couldn't understand their situation, because he had been fit his whole life. He gained about 50 lbs, and then lost it again. He now understands some of the problems his clients face with food addictions, and weight loss.

Some of the best teachers I've had were the ones who struggled the most with the subjects that they teach.
  • BigRich822
    Options
    I have lost a tremendous amount of weight and sacrificed a ton to get to where I am, Im sorry if I misspelled one word. Forgive me please. I never said that a pt who is overweight cant achieve fitness goals for his clients. I personal dont see how people can believe them. I have been overweight, but I kicked *kitten* and I am the man I am today. Mr. Neverstray according to your post earlier I am overweight since all that matters to you is BMI. Im sorry if I offended people, my question I guess was, would it be hard to take advice from someone who is overweight, maybe even more than yourself. As opposed to someone who has been there and lost the weight.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I think your a judgmental meat head

A major problem with fit personal trainers is that the tend to think that they are holier than thou because of their looks and are to busy flirting with every girl that comes by instead of doing their job... and that to me, would be/is more annoying then an overweight trainer.

I've had 3 trainers.. and my current one who is not overweight but has a gut on him, as been the best one of them all.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    been there and have lost the weight. bulking right now and feel heavier than i ever have. its all good. i know what im doing. and come springtime when i step on that stage... i will crush the competition!!!!!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    Its hard to look at some one yelling for YOU to get in shape when they are fat.
    Point blank.

I appreciate the guys story ^^ there about the trainer who gained weight to gain perspective, that is awesome. Love that!
    BUTTTTTTTT. In the average Joe situation... Don't tell me what I need to do, if you can't do it yourself. There is no inspiration there.

And just a side note... if you are a fat cop, chasing me... I'm haulin' *kitten*... :ohwell:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have lost a tremendous amount of weight and sacrificed a ton to get to where I am, Im sorry if I misspelled one word. Forgive me please. I never said that a pt who is overweight cant achieve fitness goals for his clients. I personal dont see how people can believe them. I have been overweight, but I kicked *kitten* and I am the man I am today. Mr. Neverstray according to your post earlier I am overweight since all that matters to you is BMI. Im sorry if I offended people, my question I guess was, would it be hard to take advice from someone who is overweight, maybe even more than yourself. As opposed to someone who has been there and lost the weight.

For me, while I rarely use the personal trainers at the gyms I go to, I will ask them a few questions to check their knowledge. If they seem to know more than I do, I will respect their opinions, and take their advice.

I agree, an extremely obese PT would probably lose my respect, but I have been thin, fat, thin, then fat, again, so I can understand how they could do it, too. The last few times I've gotten fat, I've had the knowledge about how to live fit, and healthy. I just didn't have to motivation to do it.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have gone, not I have went
    How are, not how is
    I'm, not Im

It wasn't one misspelled word, but improper tenses and punctuation. :heart: one of the Grammar Nazis
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    if they are fat because of an injury or some other legitimate excuse i could look past it. but i couldnt trust someone who never was able to get into shape themselves. why would i pay someone who has just read about what to do and hasnt done it when i can go online and read the same stuff? i want someone who has been there/done that so they can tell me what its like.
  • BigRich822
    Options
    I think your a judgmental meat head

A major problem with fit personal trainers is that the tend to think that they are holier than thou because of their looks and are to busy flirting with every girl that comes by instead of doing their job... and that to me, would be/is more annoying then an overweight trainer.

I've had 3 trainers.. and my current one who is not overweight but has a gut on him, as been the best one of them all.

Do you even read what I have said. I lost 40 pounds dear, to get to where I am. Please read the post before you bash me.
  • MommaSpunk
    Options
    I agree that all law enforement and saftey personal should have to be within a certain healthy fat percentile and be able to pass a yearly physical or they get a desk job. As for a personal trainer..I need one and when i have the money for one..I will not look for one over weight because thats obviously why I need one. i dont want to look at one that is over weight and doubt that they can ever help me.. I want to see someone FIT!
    I dont know, I feel the same way about overweight law enforcement agency. I absoulutley despise them!

As f
This discussion has been closed.