I ate half of a large pizza today...

Options

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I ate half a large pizza earlier this week. I like food and I'm not going to deprive myself of it. I just adjust things elsewhere.
  • Cisco12791
    Options
    Mmmmmmm.... now I'll probably have pizza tomorrow too! Except I'll probably eat more!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    The cheese pizza they sell at Costco is fabulous. It's the Kirkland brand. It's pretty low cal for pizza (I think it's 350 calories or so for a quarter of a pizza). We then put our own veggies and meats on it, throw it in the oven and we're good to go.

Sometimes if I'm particularly hungry I will eat half of it, while my husband eats the other. If I do this, I just make sure my night time snack is smaller than usual.

Like you said, it's about lifestyle and moderation.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I did too and it was damn delicious!!!
  • viviennemayer
    Options
    I did the same thing today and really enjoyed the fact that I could balance out my cals bc I had a good workout. Great job and enjoy.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I ate about 700 calories in chocolate treats... no regrets!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I had a cinnamon roll this morning and pizza for lunch. Still lost 2.6 lbs this week. It's all about balance. The occasional fat food day just means we're strong because we satisfied that craving and can go back to normal food tomorrow :-) Good job knowing your body.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ...and it was AWESOME!!! The diet coke was great too :bigsmile: I'm glad that I finally realized that this is a LIFEstyle change, and therefore must be tolerable and enjoyable long term. I remember when I used to torture myself by only eating Lean Cuisines and only drinking bottled water.

I'm burning off the excess calories now on my stationary bike, and then relaxing with my man, chocolate protein shake, and Saturday Night Live. Life is good!

You are burning off what could be 1300 calories on a bike? Enjoy your 2-4 hour ride...
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many others enjoy some pizza love :smile:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    Options
    ...and it was AWESOME!!! The diet coke was great too :bigsmile: I'm glad that I finally realized that this is a LIFEstyle change, and therefore must be tolerable and enjoyable long term. I remember when I used to torture myself by only eating Lean Cuisines and only drinking bottled water.

I'm burning off the excess calories now on my stationary bike, and then relaxing with my man, chocolate protein shake, and Saturday Night Live. Life is good!
    That's ok, I ate the other half.
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful Mexican meal with a margarita. Probably over a thousand calories. But I exercised hard and ate carefully earlier. So glad to see so many that still think they can enjoy a great occasional meal. Just need to balance it out.
  • lockcharmb
    Options
    Your title made me hungry! lol cheers. :grumble: lol
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Love it. I did it last month & if given the right pizza, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, & again & again.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Today I had a cheat meal. Butternut Squash Ravioli, BIG piece of Garlic toast, and shared a small tub of Cookie Dough ice cream!!! Yum!! But I had been careful during the day and was UNDER my calories enough to still have a 40 calorie cupcake when I got home from the concert!!
  • Sandy307
    Sandy307 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well I guess that makes me feel better about my doughnut and coffee treat yesterday....I do that every once in a while...and funny thing is...I always seem to loose extra pounds after doing that.... Have just been invited out for lunch tomorrow so will have to keep an eye on my choices.... knowing where I am going to be eating helps as I can look up the menu before lunch and choose accordingly.

have a great weekend...
  • toseeme
    toseeme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The title alone had me cracking up.....I love it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Well I guess that makes me feel better about my doughnut and coffee treat yesterday....I do that every once in a while...and funny thing is...I always seem to loose extra pounds after doing that.... Have just been invited out for lunch tomorrow so will have to keep an eye on my choices.... knowing where I am going to be eating helps as I can look up the menu before lunch and choose accordingly.

have a great weekend...

It has to do with the hormone leptin...it actually IS beneficial to do sometimes. It's just hard to suggest to people to do that without having them misinterpret it to mean "overeating helps you lose weight"...it's a slippery slope with a nationwide obesity crisis.
  • dsappj
    dsappj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use to run to eat. I'd eat a box of pizza rolls with ranch dressing on a Friday night, and sometimes even throw in a blue moon. Ahh, but right back to it the next day. Right on girl!
  • mominwi419
    Options
    Yesterday, I had a mint brownie, tiny piece of coffee cake, a grilled chicken sandwich with fries, AND went out with my hubby for dinner and had the most amazing ribs ever!

So worth it!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Can I be honest and point out that me, my dad, and boyfriend used to order out pizza, one for each of us, and would sit and eat them from the box? Haha!

I really love pizza, glad you enjoyed yours!