226 lbs and new to this site!

Options
Hi all! I'm Kelly, I'm 226 lbs and hoping to get down to around 160, anyone else just joining and want to be friends?? :) xx

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm in the same boat as you. I started out at about 233 and would like to get to 175. It has been hard especially when you see no progress and you are doing your best. But I guess staying the same weight is better than gaining again. I have had one really bad day of relapsing. Don't go to Dennys for hot chocolate!!!!!!!!!! I know now. Friend me if you want since i don't know how to do it.
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have just rejoined.

After what can only be described as a nightmare year, I am back to finish the job in hand. I have gained weight recently, so I want to get back on track.

Please feel free to add me, I need all the help I can get to re-establish my better habits.

Many thanks, Jan
  • rytifgates
    rytifgates Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 232...I didn't just join, but just became active again! That counts right?! lol...friend me if you like :D I need more support! I have a handful of friends, but, when I didn't log in for a week, I found a message in the feed that said "rytifgates hasn't logged in for a week and might need some encouragement" it was BLANK no encouragement! LOL!!! So I'm looking for exactly that!
  • rytifgates
    rytifgates Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Click on the person's name/picture, then look for the add friend button. It's green.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started March 2011 after having my 2nd baby (12/10) at 247lbs...slowly I have come down....my lowest was 202.4lbs.....today I was 209.5lbs (holidays have gotten to me) I also want to reach 165-170lbs at 5'6 1/2. Please add me for added support! :)
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I've been here about 570 days, but I am 235 heading to 165...feel free to add if you need friends ;)
  • TracyHermann
    TracyHermann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!! I started in September right before my 31st bday. I'm down 18.2 pounds. I have found a lot of success using this program plus the rundouble couch to 5K ap on my phone for exercise - completed my first 5K ever after thanksgiving and now doing a 5K improver plan. I'm happy to give you some encouragement! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! What I've found super helpful about this program is the visual representation (pie chart) of how many carbohydrates I was eating, I've curbed that (at least on the weekdays). I've got a LOT more weight to lose, so I'll be around for a while!
  • SenzEnina
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I started at 256 in 2011 and have managed to get down into the 160's all through making healthier choices. I am on the shorter side of life, so still have some more to lose in order to get to a healthier weight. It has been a struggle, but slow and steady is the way to go. I have learned not to deprive myself of things, but to make smarter choices. With MFP, I look up foods before I eat them, especially when eating out. Knowledge and perseverance is the key.

Finding myself in a rut these days and some some extra encouragement would be great. It helps so much in the day to day!
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey! Good first step. I couldn't figure out why the scales I stepped were all stuck at 230 lbs. All the cycling and work outs I did, there was no change. Then I joined MFP and found out how effective physically and mentally counting calories and sticking to a plan actually is.

Good first step (feel like I said that already) It's true though.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I started at 227, the highest I had ever been! I weighed more than I did when I was 42 weeks pregnant! I've lost 28 lbs so far, hoping for more.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    <<< was 235 now 195 ish feel free to add me :)
  • vannabrannan
    Options
    HI I've been on here since August, I started at 270. After I had my 3rd child in 2010 I couldn't loose the weight like I did with my twins. I am now at 229lbs I'm also trying to get to 170 -160. Not sure which weight will be best for me till I get to it since i'm 5'8. I love the encouragement that this site gives and makes me want to keep going. Feel free to add me.
  • NikkiDea48
    Options
    Hi! I started at 230 and I am currently at 212. I am only 5'2 so I have a bit more to go to reach my goal weight but I am conquering it one step (or 10 lbs) at a time! :) You can certainly add me if you would like.
  • hansenje
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I am at 230. I am trying to get to 200 then I will rethink from there. I will gladly be friends with you.
  • soontobemeagain
    soontobemeagain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Thanks everyone, its taking me a while as im not used to the site but i will figure it out and add everyone :) Thankyou so much for the support! xxx
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. Please feel free to add me.
  • chrisyr7
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you and i just joined today. It great to see so many positive people.Feel free to add me too! :)
  • 141by2016
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Kelly, I'm 226 lbs and hoping to get down to around 160, anyone else just joining and want to be friends?? :) xx

Looks like you're starting where I did. You'll get there! Take it slow and steady.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have kept my weight off for 6 months and will be happy to answer any questions you might have. I cannot accept any more friend right now, but will answer any messages
  • jmmoiadams
    Options
    hi i started at 285lbs last sept and i am down to 192 heading to 140 have 52lbs to go, you can add me if you like