how do you spread your calories out

Options
do you try to eat an equal amount for each meal? Do you make one meal a big one and then eat tiny meals? just curious what works best for you

Replies

• cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I try to do less then 300 for breakfast & lunch each and leave the rest for dinner & snacks
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I try for a decent breakfast, smaller lunch, bigger dinner. 1200 cals....so maybe 300, 200-300, and 600. I like to have the option for snacks in the evening.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i do around:
    200 for breakfast (eggs or oatmeal)
    100 snack (homeade beef jerky)
    300 for lunch (usually a homeade wrap)
    100-200 for another snack (apple and cheese or almonds)
    whatever is left for dinner

total: 1200 cals.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I try for a filling breakfast and filling dinner. Lunch I keep light usually, and try not to snack lol....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I normally do around 450 for breakfast and lunch and around 1000 for dinner and dessert. It varies though.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1800 calories a day:

400 for breakfast
    400 for lunch
    600 for dinner
    400 for snacks and/or treats after dinner
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    I eat 5 or 6 times a day and around every 2 or 3 hours. My meals tend to be smaller generally because I don't enjoy the feeling of being stuffed! Sometimes I still over do it ;)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is always the biggest, anywhere from 600 to 1000 calories usually.

Snacks around 100-250 a pop, lunch is usually my smallest meal at 200-300 calories, dinner is usually 400-600 calories. When I can, I try to save a few hundred calories for evening snacks.
  • hannahamay
    hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are 300 or less and my snacks are 250 or less. My protein shake doesn't count as a snack though, and that's around 150 calories.
  • LisaRobyn73
    LisaRobyn73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 250 for breakfast
    300-350 lunch
    and then 400-500 dinner
    left over for snacks....
    based on 1200 calories
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    3-500 Breakfast
    25-120 AM snack
    3-400 Lunch
    25-150 Pm snacks (2 for a total max of 150)
    3-500 Dinner
    Small snack depending on the day

= 1250- 1650

Additional cals spread out across the day depending on activity
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have even amount of calories throught my main meals.
    But my snack are like... 100 / 200 calories (because my second snacks is almost always some kind of nuts and they are more calorie dense).

I am trying thought to eat more earlier during the day because I personally think it's better for my body than huge late meals.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I try for a larger breakfast and lunch, and aim to make dinner the smallest (which usually never happens.) But my daily intake looks something like this:

Breakfast: 300
    Snack: 300
    Lunch: 400
    Snack: 100
    Dinner: 400
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I don't really try to keep a specific amount for each meal. I always prelog my dinner and work from there based off of what is left. I eat about 1600 calories give or take. Some days I eat breakfast and others I don't. I might have an after dinner snack, but I might not. It's all pretty fluid based on how I feel that day and what my overall schedule is.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty light during the day. Partly because I'm just not hungry, partly because I much prefer a big dinner and night time snacking. No set calorie amounts, and if I eat more during the day, I'll just have a smaller dinner. Whatever works with how you prefer to eat :)

Except right now, because work is over flowing with holiday snacks, so now the bulk of my eating is during work hours. Mmmm cookies.
  • today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i eat light meal, i like to snack alot so i usually use like 700 cal on snacks and booze(sometimes). i dont really like meals that are filling, i prefer to just not feel hungry instead of full.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1200=1300 a day

breakfast......150 usually oatmeal and coffee with creamer
    lunch............300 or less
    dinner...........450 or less
    snacks whatever is left over.....I try to have at least 200 left over for a snack in the evening and usually have an afternoon snack also
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    I tend to eat about 1300-1600...and usually have about 300 left over.

200 Breakfast
    350 Lunch
    100 Snack
    500 Dinner
    200 Glass of Wine
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Totally flexible with no set pattern. I eat 'em however they come and adjust accordingly throughout the day, making sure I'm still at a deficit when it's all said and done.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Totally flexible with no set pattern. I eat 'em however they come and adjust accordingly throughout the day, making sure I'm still at a deficit when it's all said and done.

Yup. This.