What do you all think?

Options
13»

Replies

• faupster
    faupster Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Whats everyone's take on meal replacements? Would you eat them?
    I love meal replacements I got some whey protein today just a little container
    For some protein in the morning, But the Program im going on i will
    mostly have meal replacements that's basically what it is,
    Its Low carb, low calorie meal replacement , Its protein, Its goodness what yall think?

I think for the sake of this topic the definition of meal replacement should be looked at..

There are protein bars and shakes that are sized to be a "meal replacement" but there are also pre-package meal replacements at the stores..
  • nanny999
    nanny999 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My Dr. kind of introduced me to Myfitnesspal by making it easy. Keep track of the food you eat. When the calories are gone for the day, they are gone. You'll keep learning to make better and better decisions. Main thing is to have a plan. You will get hungry. You will be stressed. You will be rushed. You will be tempted. You will be down. Know what you are going to do before a questionable situation comes up. Be prepared. Do some exercise...even just walking is good...and take you time so that it sticks this time!
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love meal replacement bars. My current favorites are Quest Nutrition bars, but I have to admit I'm not much of an eater. What I mean is, I don't enjoy eating, I can go out to dinner and if I'm not hungry I won't order anything and if I'm busy at work, I won't eat at all. Nutrition bars help me maintain my weight, give me energy and ensure I get some of the vitamins my body needs to function. I swallow them down in two bites and I can be on my way, so I can't really comment on how yummy they are or if they would be appropriate for someone who craves actual food like pizza or a sandwich for lunch.
  • mcsnoogins
    mcsnoogins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    People are supposed to eat food. It's kept us alive for thousands of years since before shakes etc. were invented. Eat right and sweat when you can. It's that simple
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Okay Their is more types of meal replacements than just shakes theirs bars brownies ect, I get what you are all trying to say But really im going to do it weither you like it or not, Iv seen it change so many lifes for the better, i dont think its a scam or anything like that i think its a lifestyle change and it teaches you healthy habbits after you are done and have lost all your weight their is a maintenance plan they just dont leave you out to dry and they teach you healthy habbits for life so thanks everyone for your comments!

So why did you post the question?

And I am not sure what good habits it teaches you.
    To promote herself and get some here to believe she knows what she's talking about.

She's closer to spelling hobbit than habit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Okay Their is more types of meal replacements than just shakes theirs bars brownies ect, I get what you are all trying to say But really im going to do it weither you like it or not, Iv seen it change so many lifes for the better, i dont think its a scam or anything like that i think its a lifestyle change and it teaches you healthy habbits after you are done and have lost all your weight their is a maintenance plan they just dont leave you out to dry and they teach you healthy habbits for life so thanks everyone for your comments!

So why did you post the question?

And I am not sure what good habits it teaches you.

She's closer to spelling hobbit than habit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's the funniest thing I've read here today. lol. Thanks for that.