8lbs!...

Options
Help! I've let go of myself and gained 8lbs since Thanksgiving! Why is it so hard for me to motivate myself? I have no self control when it comes to holiday food! I sit in front of the teli wondering what and how i can do things to better myself and next thing I know I've fallen asleep on couch :sad: So today I got on the treadmill and started all over again :wink: so I hope this time I can stick to my diet and lose the first 15lbs this winter! Please, any advice is appreciated... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, and do an exercise routine you enjoy. Nothing more simple than that....motivation is yours to find.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Think portion sizes! :smile: Good luck!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble too! It's so hard to stay motivated when it's dark and cold and there are holiday treats everywhere! Sending you a friend request...
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Think portion sizes! :smile: Good luck!

so true! don't try to eliminate all delicious things from you diet...cause that will never work out haha. moderation is key! :)

you can do it!! just think about how GREAT you'll look in spring/summer if you can stay motivated through the winter!
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I knew I was going to have that problem, so when work offered a $25 gift card in the "Maintain or Lose" program, I signed up. That way, I have to stay within 2 lbs of my starting weight. I've found that as long as I stay within my diet on most days, I can still splurge on the holiday (or party day, whatever). I just try to be reasonable that day, though I have no intention of making my calorie goal that particular day.

The next time you feel that urge to do something other than sit on the couch, don't think about it; just put your shoes on and go for a walk or something. Start small and before you know it, you'll be back in the groove.

Good luck!
  • bachoat
    Options
    Sounds just like me!!!! When I woke up this morning I told myself I was starting all over today!!! I understand