Eating at Maintenance for the Holidays

Options
2»

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea. I will eat at maintenance on Christmas and on New Years and on my Birthday and on my wedding Anniversary (all this month!) LOL! Better hit up the gym though :p
    I will see your birthday Christmas wedding anniversary and New yEAR and raise you by husbands birthday as well.. Crazy month! And yes I am eating more this month my goal is to NOT GAIN this month!

lol! I hear ya! I had a daughter's graduation party last night, plus my birthday, Christmas, my son's birthday & New Year's! This month seems full of food! haha

I'm logging foods on my normal days and having a cheat/rest day on the special days.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my Christmas treats esp. my beloved Nut Horns. Will bank the week prior. On Christmas I plan on being cognizant but not stressing. I will log everything, though. And I plan on being active outdoors and doing all my fun things that I can't do when not on vacay!:love:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That's what I did for Thanksgiving and it worked fantastically. Now I'm on maintenance anyway so it works out. :)
  • Kitkat_58
    Kitkat_58 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is what I did for Thanksgiving day and it worked out really well, so I had already planned to do the same thing for Christmas.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've been in China for two months, and have 3 weeks to go, so I will be splurging on the things that I've been hungry for. Like pizza. And maybe some more pizza. And a burrito with guacamole and sour cream. Decent wine and Xmas dinner too. I do plan on eating lightly for the rest of the day when I splurge though, and get in a lot of exercise. I will be aiming for maintenance, but since I will be coming back to China again after two weeks, I'm not going to worry too much. What are a few days unless they are thousands of calories over? I'm not sure my tummy could even hold that many extra cals...
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am having an office Christmas dinner next week and it is buffet style so I will just try to load up on the veggies and eat a little nibble of the "bad stuff." Also, it's all the wine and beer you can want, so that will be my biggest weakness....then on Christmas I wll probably try the same thing...as long as I keep the exercise up and limit it to just one meal, I will be fine. I hope.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    That sounds sensible to me! I ate 1 1/2 cake pops today!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm eating way past maintenance on Christmas and New Years :bigsmile:

:happy:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    That sounds sensible to me! I ate 1 1/2 cake pops today!

What's a cake pop?
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to be eating at maintenance so much as drinking at maintenance. :) I really struggle to EAT 1600-1700 calories a day (up to over 2000 if I worked out) but I can happily drink them and I will be over Christmas!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm not going to be eating at maintenance so much as drinking at maintenance. :) I really struggle to EAT 1600-1700 calories a day (up to over 2000 if I worked out) but I can happily drink them and I will be over Christmas!

I am glad that I don't drink much. I like chocolate better! :bigsmile:
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options

I am glad that I don't drink much. I like chocolate better! :bigsmile:

Alcohol is the first thing to go when I'm running out of calories - it may taste nice but it's not worth the complete lack of nutritional value. It makes it quite a nice treat to have earned though! Chocolate...sometimes that's nice. We have rather a lot at the moment, and I expect to do some 10-min calisthenic blasts some days in order to be able to eat a truffle or two on those days :)
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i'll just be happy if i dont gain any weight this month