If you use Orkin/Pest Control / your home is possessed or ?

Options
palmerig88
palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
I have it narrowed down to pest control spray or some type of demon.

When I clean my kitchen I see little specs of rust like maybe one or two specks per counter, or none.

I scrub with hot soapy water then by the time I get a rag to rinse/wipe it back off, the suds have gotten all bloody looking. It turns into a TON of red specks and they get all smeary like there was a murder on my counter. Then it smells rusty. Rust smells, right?

It is also happening on my bathroom floor but since you get the floor wet a lot from getting in and out of the shower, it is more like little specs of blood on the floor there.

The bathroom vanity and sink area stay good, I guess the bathroom cleaner spray I use is so much harsher than soap that it kills the demon that might be creating this.

I really think it is something from Orkin, my apartment uses this service quarterly or every 2 months, I can't remember which. I don't remember this happening before. The only thing I think it could be is what they sprayed.

Has anyone experienced this? Or do you have another idea on what is causing this?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    What kind of heating system do you have? Gas, oil, boiler, electric? You may need to have your ducts cleaned or your system inspected. When I lived in a house that had oil heat, the system developed a problem and we had very fine black oily dust every where that was a b!tch to clean up. If it smells like rust you may have an issue with something rusted inside the system and it is blowing the dust all over. Good Luck!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have nothing useful to add. Just wanted to say the thread title and opening line made me smile :laugh:
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    All electric apartment and they actually cleaned the ducts a month ago. And ^^^lol