Struggling with gaining weight, role models?

Options
I am really struggling with the idea of gaining weight. I need to, everyone's worried and i know in the future i'll be glad i did it and i will look better. But i am just so scared i am going to pile it on and get fat. I've been healthy eating which is why i lost weight but now i'm the lightest i have ever been and my BMI is underweight. I can no longer enjoy junk food and i just want to get back to normal. I want to look how i used too, be healthy and happy. I want to be able to enjoy the occasional treat of cake or chocolate etc.. again. Need some role models please!!!!!

Replies

• BonyToni
    Options
    If you eat a well balanced diet and exercise you can gain weight, look good and not be fat. That it is what I and other MFP friends are trying to achieve. I don't eat very healthily but I am trying. If you try to match the carbs, protein and fat percentages that MFP suggests then you will be on the right road. This after all, will be a whole lifestyle change for you.

I wish you every success. You are already a friend. Feel free to email me if ever you feel lacking in motivation. You CAN do this.

Toni
    :drinker:
  • ShrinkingSky
    ShrinkingSky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight too! My BMI is too low. I've just been slowly increasing my calories with healthy food... and instead of doing cardio every day like I use to, I try to only work out 3 days a week (two of those days I focus on weight lifting with just a little bit of cardio). I still lost weight this week, but I think it was fat loss from lifting... hopefully I start to see some results soon..
  • pbandshellie
    pbandshellie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There are a handful of foods I try to eat daily: avocados, hardboiled eggs, and apples (apples are low calorie, but actually make you hungry!) I also try to drink at least a glass of milk once a day. You'll figure out a routine and get into it! It's hard at first trying to stuff your face, and then all of the sudden it will feel normal. Good luck!