Help this old trucker......

Options
Well, here I sit.... I am a 75 yr old truck driver wishing I weighed less and was fit and trim, but with no ambition to fulfill that wish! I am doing ok with the diet plan - I rarely go over my calorie limit; it's the exercise part I'm having trouble with. I think my bodies too old to be jumping around; but I gotta get this weight off! If anyone has any ideas of what I can/should do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• Kaathmandu
    Options
    Hey AC
    Get in the water! Swim laps if you can. get swimming lessons if you can't!
    Aquafitness classes are great, work everything without stressing joints, and you don't need to be able to swim.
    I don't know about there, but here most towns have a pool, as do most motels. If you are on the road a lot, can't get to a class and are not a swimmer, you can jog in the water - warm up for 5-10 minutes, go hard and getting puffing for a minimum of 20minutes, cool down for another 5 and do some stretches.
    Easy, and you will feel all the trucking stress leave your body when you get in the water.
    Good luck!
    :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My husband used to be a truck driver. I was not only concerned about his weight but also blood clots in his legs. He would get out of the truck when he had to wait to be unloaded and all laps around the truck/trailer. Any moving at all is good. It doesn't have to be jumping around. Just walk. You don't need any special equipment or a gym. Just walk.
    Good luck!
  • CLW614
    CLW614 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love the swim idea! I'm sure you stop at TA's or other truck stops .. park towards the back so you get a good walk in on your way to the station... My husband drives and he gets out every once and a while and walks around the truck.. checking everything and stretching his legs. Do a couple laps every time you stop. Good Luck!!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Walk