Hey Hey everyone!!

Mydogislittle
Mydogislittle Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am stoked to find this site. I need a program to help me change my evil ways. :) So, far really enjoying the guidance this diary and calorie counter is giving me, although I am a bit bummed that my fave "go to" foods are more fattening than I realized. AGH!

Replies

• sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    hi there. i hope you find this site useful
  • Thank you. I DO find this site uselful. I am AMAZED at how I unconsciously eat when I am bored. Even when I felt a little sad. Interesting. I KNOW this is going to be a powerful medium for change for me; being accountable about my food. :)
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    The unconcious eating is one of the hardest things to break. For me it was a case of replacing the naughty things in the house and at work with pieces of fruit and health bars. I also now make sure that I have plenty of bottles of water near by and if I feel the urge to snack I have a drink of water instead.

The other thing is if you do have to snack make sure you capture the calories, you will soon realise that some snacks are not worth the calorie count they provide and if you do need the odd treat as a reward then earn it. Either by extra workouts at the gym or by sacrificing something else from your daily food allowance. If you want this to work then you have to be hard on yourself at times.
  • Wow congrats on losing 15 lbs! That is a huge accomplishment! I have now lost 2.5. I am working with a trainer, going to gym on off days by myself and I started to run on the treadmill which is new for me. :) My dog is also eating better and she has lost 1 oz. :) (She is a chubby chihuahua mix.)
    LOL

You are so right about making the calories count. I am planning my meals out day to day now. Pre-planning is a helpful tool.
This discussion has been closed.