how to pull my stomach in

Options
2»

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Try hula hooping, starting with 15 minutes a day.

I always wondered about that... Fun and toning, i would imagine. But I am so uncoordinated .. Can anybody cod it ( eventually)?

Well it's like anything else, you have to actually do it to get better at it. When I first started I was constantly dropping the hoop, now I can hoop for at least 10 minutes straight without dropping it. And when you do drop it, you just pick it right up and start it spinning again. Set the timer and just have at it for 15 minutes. I now hoop on my off days from the gym, and this month it's for 45 minute sets. I may drop it a 4-5 times in that period but I just pick it up and keep going. :smile:

How do you stop the hoop from dropping down over your hips when your a fella? No hips! I'm struggling with this one.

LOL everyone has hips but I know what you mean. Remember that the bulk of the spinning action is in your waist. You really can keep it spinning just using your ab and back muscles. There are some marvelous YouTube videos showing hooping techniques, I'll link some.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    planks

more planks

agreed - and more planks

edit: and side planks

edit edit: and kettlebells

edit edit edit: and yoga!

I do weighted planks... Put a barbell plate on your back for standard planks... Put a dumbbell on your side for side planks to work obliques. You can also do the plate on your back and your hands on a medicine ball instead of the floor. A lot harder than it sounds.
  • holidayworkout
    Options
    You should try 6 Week Six Pack by Jillian Michaels. I'm doing it now and have seen amazing results by other people who has already completed the DVD. Of course if you don't mind Jillian being well....Jillian.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    since you are using kettle bells, try Turkish getups.

http://www.stumptuous.com/core-training-for-martial-arts