Any ideas for kitchen gadgets on your Christmas list?

Options
I think to put a Magic Bullet on my list. Just saw one at Costo just over $40. Not bad. Love to make smoothies and protein shakes which I usually do with my blender. A bit messy because it is a big thing, only for one cup. And most of it all the frozen fruit get stuck in the blades and I have to poke it to loosen it up. Nobody else in the family loves smoothies.
Any other ideas for kitchen gadgets?Maybe a digital food scale?

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I want a spiraliser to make vegetable noodles and a spaetzle maker to make dumplings to go with some European recipes.
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yonanas and more storage containers to freeze my own "T.V. Dinners."
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If I had a spare $800-$900 - a Thermochef or if I had around $2000 spare a Thermomix....they do they same things just the Thermomix is supposed to be the original and the best.......everyone that I know that has one raves that they are super easy to prepare and cook healthy foods in (including smoothies, risottos, kneading and proving your own bread dough)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Á bigger countertop to hold my blender as well as all the other gadgets I will be getting as
    gifts : http:/unclutterer.com/category/unitasker-wednesday/
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My favourite gadgets are my Actifry, Quisinart soup maker and my Halogen oven. Since having these three items I rarely use my main oven so saving on horrid cleaning too :)
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've also put a slow cooker on! Not very rock and roll!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Fat separator and a new food scale.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    mandolin slicer, id love an Actifry too. I have a food scale and highly recommend it for healthy eating!
  • sarahxx68
    Options
    I've also put a slow cooker on! Not very rock and roll!

There is nothing I love more than my slow cookers! I am mildly obsessive and have three different sizes.
  • kaceelawlor
    kaceelawlor Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I LOVE kitchen gadgets...my boyfriend actually has to keep me from the kitchen isles in stores...maybe I'm not the best to suggest things then since I'd say get everything!

Definitely a digital food scale if you do not have one already.
    The magic bullet is also an awesome idea.

Some of my other favorites:
    Keurig coffee machine
    Crockpot
    the new Kitchenaid stand mixer with a ton of attachments (this one is on my list)
    A new set of measuring cups (the ones that have the tsp, tbsp and cup measures)

There's so many I can't list them all. I'd say go onto a home-goods/health store supplier website and browse what fun things they have. Or if you have one in your town, go into a chef supplier store. They'll have EVERYTHING.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options

IKR... doesn't that look like JUST the best thing? I found a recipe for sweet potato noodles, inspired by an episode of Top Chef AllStars where someone did just that...
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

IKR... doesn't that look like JUST the best thing? I found a recipe for sweet potato noodles, inspired by an episode of Top Chef AllStars where someone did just that...

Sweet potatoes on offer in Lidl this week if you fancy them

The Actifry I just love, only recently bought one and find it so handy for low fat stuff, stir fry veg tonight for instance
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a new food scale... =)
  • jvendramin
    Options
    Ice cream machine. Meat thermometers for individual steaks
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I asked my hubby to get me a basic digital food scale for Christmas. Showed him what it looked like and where to get it.

He surprised me with the next step up (holy dude it's fancy, it's supposed to measure out calories, by weight of specific foods!!)
    he gave it to me last night, it was a family birthday party for me!!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    a new "vidalia onion chopper" I broke mine again and I love it for making cubed potatoes and salsa!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    it's supposed to measure out calories, by weight of specific foods!!)

I have one of those, but have "lost" the codes to input for food items. Good job MFP has most in the data base
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a Tupperware steamer that I LOVE. I just toss some veggies in there (broccoli, spinach, green beans, etc.), add some water, and mocrowave for a few minutes. Healthy way to cook vegetables without losing a ton of nutrients, and it's really easy. I highly reccomend getting a steamer, and Tupperware is a good one.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    A new blender. Mine is 9 years old and on it's last leg...and a teapot that is stove safe and glass - I like those tea flowers...

My boyfriend, who lives with me, requested a cast iron skillet and an enamel dutch oven so that's what he's getting for Christmas and I'll get to share!