"Gunt" Question - Women Only

Options
2»

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    LADIES!!! GET IT UNDER CONTROL NOW!!!! THINK WHEN YOUR OLDER AND GRAVITY TAKES OVER!!! RUNNNNNN!!!

This is what a gunt is

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Ya'll, she was trying to use self-depricating humor. I've always heard it referred to as a FUPA. Not very flattering. Mine's just now gone after 6 years and two kids. Finally flattened out after I kept the weight off for about a year.
  • Scorpia1997
    Scorpia1997 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I still have quite a bit left over from my 3 and my son will be 4 in March. I've been told it will take up to 2 years for it to go away and I've been working on my weight loss for nearly 2.5 years now. (SW- 210, LW - 138, Life Happened Weight - 172, CW - 157) I'm almost giving up hope and saving for the tummy tuck, lol!
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've had a "gunt" for as long as I can remember. At least, I guess what I have is considered a "gunt;" Just a roll of fat on my lower belly that has a dent in the middle of it?

It gets less when I lose weight or get dehydrated, but for the most part, it's just hanging around there... and it's just the ugliest part of my body, in my own opinion.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in mine. It's not as wide and not as extended. Now its just in the middle really. I don't know if it will ever be completely flat, but it makes zippering my jeans a whole lot easier...ha!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will get smaller if you lose weight. You may end up with some extra skin like I have though. But I had the exact same thing after both my pregnancies. :wink:
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I had two kids and both via c-section, and my "gunt" is gone.

And I must say...never heard of the term gunt. It sort of rhymes with...ummmm....nevermind. :laugh:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Heh
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I had two children naturally and never ended up with a pooch. When my youngest turned 18, I had a tubal ligation and ended up with one, though! It's been four years and is just now starting to get a little better, but I'm seriously doubting it will ever go away. I used to have a great looking tummy, and now I hate it :(
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm not gonna dance around this ppl. If you got like an orange peel lookin thing hangin down there, yes it will get better if you lose weight, but if it bothers you bad you just will have to suck it up and go get a tummy tuck. TRUTH
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it's just extra skin after 5 years it would have gone if it was going to. If it's a roll of fat then leaning out may help. Usually a real "gunt" is that huge blob of fat that sits in the lap of someone who is morbidly obese. It's a wonderfully descriptive term! :bigsmile:

Never heard the term nor does it seem like a good description given the descriptions on this thread (assuming this roll is on your belly not down between your legs), but I agree with this ^^. If it's just skin and still there 5 years later, it's probably not going away. If it's fat, then it can be lost. Use lotion and stay well hydrated while losing to keep your skin more elastic.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The term is a combo of gut and the C word that gunt rhymes with. To be used correctly, as explained by the low life guys, it's when a woman is so large that her belly fat hangs down to her thighs, in essence the gut and the other word become one.

It's not very nice to start with and I wouldn't use it to describe the little bit of baby belly most women who have had children have left. I've heard that described as a "pooch" or such not as a gunt.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    well I'm a guy so....
    didnt-read-darth-vader.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    @_Bob_ -- LOVED THAT! hahaha

I call mine my 'joey pouch'. (after the baby kangaroo)

I carried two babies full term - 8lb13oz and 8lb14oz... I think I will always have that extra bit of skin. I am basically as close to having a 6pack as I will get, and I still have it.

If I wear low rise jeans, you can't really see it, but if I have pants that cut just below it, or through it - it is VERY noticeable... at least to me!

I am trying to learn to love it - because I love what came from having it. :-D Kinda like I'm trying to love the mom boobs... but that's a WHOLE other thread.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm not gonna dance around this ppl. If you got like an orange peel lookin thing hangin down there, yes it will get better if you lose weight, but if it bothers you bad you just will have to suck it up and go get a tummy tuck. TRUTH

Amen!
    Personally, what I had was way more than the little "pooch" some women get. It was a pendulous abdomen from 3 pregnancies which did both skin and muscle damage and then losing a bunch of weight. For a vast number of people, no exercise & no amount of time are going to make that go away. Genetics, age, skin elasticity... these are all factors. In my opinion, if after a reasonable amount of time you've gotten some improvement and it's just plain not getting any better despite your best efforts AND you can afford it, get the tummy tuck!