4'11 - 5'2 ladies?

Options

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Checking in too - 4'11" started at 194 pounds (gosh that sound bad when I say in out loud/type) but I weighed in today at 136 pounds. Which I'm really proud of. However when I put my details into a BMI calculator I'm still over weight!
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii! I'm 25 years old - 5'1" and am currently at 204 lbs but I started at 220 lbs. (It's been a little over 2 months and 15 lbs so that's not too bad. :P) My short term goal weight is 170 lbs (5 months to go before I leave for a big vacation!) with a long term goal of 140 lbs, hopefully within a year. After that I'll see how things look and feel and make a decision from there. I have PCOS so I have that to worry about eventually but so far I've been consistent with my weight loss. From what I've read on here, a lot of people stall around 170 lbs so I hope I don't stall before then. :))

Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • amd0624
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'0" and my CW is 188.4. I'm also morbidly obese according to all of the charts I read. I think my BMI is 36 or something.
    I started last week at 194.4 and my highest weight was 199.5. I now weight what I did when I had my daughter 8 years ago. I'm hoping to get to 145 which, with how I'm built will be perfect for me. It'd put me in a size 8. I tend to have my weight distributed evenly just about everywhere with a little more in the belly than I like. So hoping to get rolling. If anyone would like to friend me please feel free. Looking for lots of support. :wink:
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I always get frustrated because I am only 5'2 every pound shows, but you have to also remember every pound lost shows as well. A 10lb weight loss on us shorties is much more noticeable than someone that is over 5'5 or so!

So true!

I'm 5'1 and my starting weight was 145 ish..., though didn't actually start on here until I was about 135. I got down to 124, but then got super happy and stopped bothering with MFP and went back up to 133. Now I'm super happy AND dedicated to being just as healthy as I am happy. Currently around 128 I think, though I've stopped going by that.

I've lost a pant size. That's what counts :)
  • MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and can completely relate. My short term goal is to be 150 pounds (which is still obese...SMH). I started 13 weeks ago and I have since dropped 23 pounds...so excited (37 more pounds to go!!)

I haven't decided on my long term goal yet because I don't know how I'd feel at that weight (I've never weighed less than 170 pounds.) I'd be happy to be a part of your support team...feel free to add me :-)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    WE"RE NOT OVERWEIGHT....WE"RE UNDERTALL!!!:laugh:

Love it! :)
  • Rosie040522
    Rosie040522 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5'1" and 25 years old. I started MFP at 210 lbs about a week ago and I am currently 204 lbs. My goal is to get down to 120 ultimately, and I totally agree with all of you ladies, every pound shows. I am hoping to get down to a good weight by my birthday, I am not sure what my weight will be by then but I am looking forward to looking a lot better than I did this year around my birthday. :0) Glad to see other shorties making a Topic on the Message Boards.
  • Rosie040522
    Rosie040522 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    P.S-My birthday is in April. ;0)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I think it's important to remember that goals are individual--you should set goals that are healthy for YOU which might be drastically different from person to person.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    This is the perfect topic for me! I am 4'11" and currently 209lbs, the highest weight I have ever been. I'm also 41, which adds to the frustration of losing weight. I'm trying to go slow and I just started. My first goal is 8lbs by the end of December. Long term goal is to reach 130lbs. then go from there. Back in my early 20's I was 110-115! Not sure if I'll ever get back to that weight ever again.

Can some of you that have been on this weight loss journey longer share what you have been doing that is working? What are you eating? What kind and how much exercise?

If any of you want to friend me I would love that!

Lisa

I'm 5'1" currently I'm about 128. in highschool I was almost 200. The lightest I've been is 121 and that was like 8 months ago.
    Dieted and exercised regular and got to 130.
    Got a boyfriend and moved to LA - back to 165. Dumped boyfriend, dropped 20lbs got new boyfriend, gained 10
    Lost 10, dumped boyfriend, lost another 20.
    Got another boyfriend - lost 5, then gained 10. damnit!

Ok comical relationship relief aside, what has worked for me is
    Getting into regular eating patterns - I never used to eat breakfast
    Making healthy choices when I can - I love burgers & fries and I over-eat
    Counting my calories - helps me curb eating burgers and fries all the time
    Exercising regularly - 30-60 mins of aerobic exercise 3-5x a week
    Realizing that I screw up but that I also know how to fix it and I keep trying.

I did P90X for a while, which was fun. And when I worked by the bike path (and my office had a gym & locker room) I used to go rollerblading or jogging as well as use machines.

You can add me and check out what I eat although I have not been doing very well lately.... I appreciate understanding support all the same
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and 40 years old. I started this journey at 196.5, and I have lost 78.5 pounds. I am now 118, and this is my lowest weight as an adult. I had 130 as my first goal because I doubted that I could even get there, so what did it matter? At 130 I felt like I wanted to lose some more, so here I am. I am going to go to 115 (maybe 110, but ABSOLUTELY no lower.) I probably do not eat enough, but I am comfortable at 1200 calories per day. I eat very little processed food, but that has come gradually. You can totally do this. Just be honest with yourself and log every bite. Exercise as much as you can, but it is hard at first, so don't hurt yourself. I don't have a trainer or go to a gym. I walk outside just about every day, and I can run a little now that I have lost weight. Don't give up! A year ago I would have wept with joy if someone had told me I could be 80 pounds lighter today (if I believed them.) You can do it.
  • HalcyonLee
    HalcyonLee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Vinjol03
    Options
    hi fellow shorties. so glad i saw this chain. i am 5.1 on good days and started off at 200lb. my goal is 150 by April next year and to maintain my loss so far for the christmas festive period. Happy to be friends and a source of motivation etc. We can do it without a doubt - i am so confident and welcome so far.
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fit4Me30
    Fit4Me30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I started my weight loss journey at 255 lbs if you can look at my profile pic I was nearly that weight... The one on the right I was 194 lbs ... This weight loss journey ain't been easy... Like one of the ladies who said they have a lot of muscle especially my lower body so I have a lot of hips and booty and working hard at getting to a size 12 (current sz 16) I don't want to be the recommended weight for someone my height.. But I am proud to see the progress of all you ladies on this thread and I am looking forward to hearing your progress... And you can do it don't give up!!!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 started at 196 and I'm down to 182 still have a long way to go. I have a goal of 130 but ugw would be 120. Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends to support me and vise versa.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - I started out at 170, weighing in at around 147 right now. I've already dropped 2 sizes (from a 12 to an 8), 10 pounds makes a huge difference being so short!

I was around 130 from post-puberty until I got pregnant with my oldest so I'm hoping to at least get back there but 120 is my UWG but if I can get to how I want to look at 130 (I'm working on getting into more lifting and such) that's fine too.
  • momslastdiet
    momslastdiet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2" and started at 262. I am trying to "life change" myself down to 160-170. You're right! Pounds on us shorter gals looks way different and we can't put on much without it really showing. How have you been doing? I've only been with MFP for three weekd and so far am very proud of myself. Let me know how you are coming along, i'd love to be friends! The better team we set up around us, the easier it is - especially for tips, encouragement, etc :)
  • iWannaBFit1
    Options
    Hi All! I'm 5'2" my starting weight was 174. I just started MFP today and I currently weigh 164. My ideal goal weight is somewhere around 125-130lbs.

Feel free to add me, we can support each other :)
  • dominica_maria
    dominica_maria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi !! i am 4'11 and currently at 127lbs. my goal is 112lbs. so 15 more lbs for me and im there. my profile pic is a before (left)and a progress pic (right)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!