Do you delete old photos or use them for inspiration?

Options
I have lots of photos - it's easy to do that, in the digital age, but when I was young, like 5-10 12 years old, I hated having my photo taken. Now I think back, I shouldn't have ripped them up, I should have kept them. But I ask you this - do old photos serve as inspiration to you now, or hinder you in what you want to achieve?

My flabby stomach has always been with sav for a few months...when family will say I am too thin. Now the flab is back and I want to get rid of it, for good this time. But my photos only go back about seven years or so, when I got my first digital camera.

I'm going to keep all my photos, good and bad, and though my hard drive is small I do say thank god for photobucket, because I could put loads on there. They serve as my inspiration....I have to get in shape for me! How about you?

Replies

• sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat where I was very overweight looking back from ages 6-15 and have no pictures of myself besides those my parents took of me when I wasn't paying attention.

Those old old photos of me don't really help or hinder as I do not look at them ever as my parents have those photo albums. My avitar photos are me at 17 and those are my goal photos. There are days where having those photos in front of me just serve as a wtf did I do to myself and I hate seeing them, other days it is a great motivation of I got msyelf there before I can do it again.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I use them all for inspiration and as a reminder of where I've come from. Never going back there!!!
  • jono2970
    Options
    Quite right too :)
  • CharlotteWitt1982
    Options
    I use them for inspiration! :-)
  • gemgirlred
    gemgirlred Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I keep my my skinny photos for inspiration. This one is on my fridge telling my fat *kitten* to back away from the bad foods...lol

me3.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    IMO, deleting photos doesn't change what you were before now. Many use them as references of success, especially when they may hit discouragement. Keep I say.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I delete "bad" photos - misshots, out of focus, too dark, horrible up-the-nose shots - but I keep the rest, even if they're unflattering.

I have an external hard drive. Every few months, I move all my photos onto it. You can also burn them onto discs if you're running out of room on your computer or use flash drives.
  • gemgirlred
    gemgirlred Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out why my pic is not posting o well. But I say def keep them
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    This is my life, I can't delete my past, so why delete the photos?
    The way I see it, I'm here right now because of where I came from, no need to hide it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I keep my my skinny photos for inspiration. This one is on my fridge telling my fat *kitten* to back away from the bad foods...lol

[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/gemgirlred/Photobucket Desktop - MICHELLE-HP/me3.jpg[/img]

If there's spaces in the album name, photobucked parses them as "%20" but MFP won't read them unless you change them back to blank spaces.
  • e001w
    e001w Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use them for motivation. Every now and then I look at photos from when I was in shape telling myself I can do it again.
  • Maxine00
    Options
    I've learned that one day when you're wrinkly and old, you will want your 'youth' pictures whether you were overweight or not, because you'll be nostalgic about when you were younger and weight won't matter as much. Keeps this madness in perspective.
  • dryder7
    Options
    I look at them occasionally for inspiration. I also look at my landlord, who is very obese & diabetic, who eats sugar, sugar sugar, and has one foot in the grave as a result. Other people doing good or bad, inspire me to try harder.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I've kept only one photo of the "me with a lot more insulation". I hate it, and it fuels me to work harder, push past what's considered normal, and become the person I was meant to be, before all the insulation happened.
  • dryder7
    Options
    You look alot better than i do right now. haha I should be so slim.:drinker:
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I definitely use my old photos for inspiration because I can see how far I have actually come!
  • Carb_Junkyy_7777
    Options
    Use them
  • dryder7
    Options
    You're so right. Congrats on the weight you've lost. I've got to get a bathroom scale so I can weigh myself. My face is starting to get slimmer. I noticed it this morning.:happy:
  • Strobins05
    Options
    My photos tell stories and I love looking back and remembering those stories. My body has changed within the last year and my old photos show me that, LOL. :flowerforyou:
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    I use them for inspiration.