Chalean Extreme vs Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options
Which is better?

I'm considering getting Chalean Extreme but have been curious about Body revolution.

Not sure which one is better. Thanks

Replies

• newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i can't speak for jillian's program but the reason i got Chalean Extreme is I kept hearign how i needed to lift heavy to make real changes in my body. I saw this program getting good reviews and I thought that i should get it. Now sure, anyone can weight lift on their own but the truth is i find it boring, i worry i don't have proper form when i do it solo. and i give up pretty quick. with this program i liked how Chalene models the exercises for you, so you know if you're lifting correctly or not. she encourages you and has you do 9-12 reps and get to fatigue. that helps build muscle. and it doesn't get you bulky. look up pictures of chalene johnson and tell me if she's bulky! anyway, i had done a lot of the cardio stuff and decided i needed to focus more on strength training. i'm not sure what jillian's offers as far as weights/strength training.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    my thing with Jillian is that she can get super annoying at times lol. and chalene's program looks more interesting.

I'm just concerned that the cardio won't be much because of insanity workouts but I'm not seeing the results I want with Insanity right now and so I want to do something new that I can add to my few gym workouts a week and start seeing my weight drop again. I'm plateauing I'm thinking for like the 3rd time :(
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i didnt' see any huge result with insanity either. i have to say i was kind of disappointed. i do credit insanity with making my core stronger and helping me learn how to do push ups but other than that it just made me gain weight. :(
    that was why i wanted to give a weight lifting program a try. i know i get bored with it when i do it alone so this seemed to be what i was looking for. someone helping me lift weights. exactly what i need. now, i'll let you know what the results are. i hope it is good. i just feel like i was cardio-ing myself out.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    same here, but i have lost 7 last round and so far I lost 2 with this round, was 4 but i gained back some :( insanity has helped me with pushups too and endurance and loss of inches but just not what I want with my weight loss. I think my body loves the low 190s and high 180s :(
  • KatherineEO
    Options
    I know this is an older thread but I have to say I prefer the ChaLEAN Extreme. I started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution back in August and it was such a chore at times. I got to week 7 and ended up stopping due to having emergency surgery but once the doctors okayed me to get back to my routine, I just could not restart the Jillian program. I may try to do it again after I finish the Extreme program but for now I'm really enjoying Chalene and the workouts.
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is what I have been trying to decide on. I am not sure which one to try. I finished Insanity a couple of months ago and missed the weight training. I am not trying to lose any more weight but want to get stronger and define more muscle. I am looking for opinions on which one might be better for that. I will probably add some cardio into my week a little bit any way. I guess I was wondering if BR is alot more cardio or weights?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I stopped BR after three weeks as I got fed up with the balancing stuff. I love CE- it feels like 'real' exercise.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I had great toning results with JMBR. The balancing is a challenge but it is in there for a reason. Balance is a great core workout. If you are looking to lift heavy the Chalean is probably a better option.

JMBR is a circuit training style 4 days a week. Strength exercises with a minute of cardio in each round. Two days a week are straight cardio.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 2/3 through BR and have lost 7.8 pounds and 23.25 inches. I can't complain! I like it. I may try Chalean when it's over though. I think there is room enough for all of it especially to keep from getting bored.
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I think I am leaning towards CE because I have done almost all of JMs DVDS and tend to mix them up alot anyhow. CE does sound like it would be good for weights.
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    JMBR gets much more intense than her other videos by month 3. I finished JMBR two weeks ago and I am on my second week of Chalean Extreme. I loved my results - weight loss 14 lbs and 16 inches - with JMBR and I am excited to see what Chalean has in store for me. I am a cardio girl at heart, I love getting my heart rate up, so right now I am still a bigger fan of JMBR than Chalean. I actually did Cardio 3 of JMBR on my Chalean rest day because I missed it.

JMBR - light strength training, lots of interval training (light weights and cardio).
    Chalean - light interval training, lots of strength training at a slow pace.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I had great results with JMBR! Love it and repeating it again soon. I also did insanity but didnt have as great as results. My cardio got amazing and my stamina is way better so I will circuit in those videos for extra cardio, but the HIIT is what gave me the best results. Feel free to add me! I will email before and after photos.
    Thanks!