reaching out for new friends

Options
hi! my name is jennifer and i'm looking for friends for support! reaching out in the big cyber world can be kinda scary and intimidating, but i figured i'd give this a shot.

my interests include:
-my faith
-my family (hubby and 3 lil ones)
-thyroid disease... primarily autoimmune hashimotos
-paleo meal plan (lots of food intolerances/allergies unfortunately for me)
-running (well jogging, cause i'm super slow) ;)
-elliptical machine

i would love to join others on this weight loss journey as i believe it will assist in success. i would love to offer encouragement and support to others like myself. i plan to log every day and will be active at mfp as i'm most always near a computer. i enjoy logging everything... i'm just a nerd that way. if you'd like to be my friend on mfp just let me know. ;)

Replies

• Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer and welcome.

Please feel free to add me. I log in daily. I work out daily and I give tons of praise and encouragement :)

Good luck to you :)
  • EyeOnIt
    Options
    wahoo!! awesome!! just what i was hoping for. :) sending request now.
    thanks much! have a blessed day!
  • Cindyx9803
    Options
    Hi Jen,

I'm in the same boat! Looking for friends on here because I think the motivation will definitely help. I haven been trying to lose weight for years and all that happens is the amount of weight I need to lose keeps increasing! It started with 10 pounds, then 20 and now I'm up to 30... I really need to get it together and stay committed so that I can go back to feeling good and most importantly healthy. :) Please feel free to add me and we can root each other on!

-Cindy
  • EyeOnIt
    Options
    hey cindy! just reading some of the posts on here has been very motivating for me. i'm loving this mfp family! i'd love to be your friend. i'll send a request your way. thanks for the post! have a blessed day!
  • jono2970
    Options
    Hi Jennifer - me and pretty much everyone will wish you the best...if you would like to add me let's see if we can't hit the goals and motivate each other! I log on a lot, and I'm trying to hit the exercise hard! I will not wait for Jan 1 !!
  • lyssalee4me
    Options
    Hi there,

I too am also looking for some motivation....I have not had any luck trying to do it on my own and well quite frankly everyone around me has not interest in my goals at all! Feel free to add me anytime!
  • EyeOnIt
    Options
    Hi Jennifer - me and pretty much everyone will wish you the best...if you would like to add me let's see if we can't hit the goals and motivate each other! I log on a lot, and I'm trying to hit the exercise hard! I will not wait for Jan 1 !!

hi jono! i've got to say i'm very impressed with the support here at mfp! everyone is so kind and supportive. i'd love to team up with you and motivate one another! i'll send ya a request.
  • EyeOnIt
    Options
    Hi there,

I too am also looking for some motivation....I have not had any luck trying to do it on my own and well quite frankly everyone around me has not interest in my goals at all! Feel free to add me anytime!

lyssalee4me-

thanks so much for the post! i feel the same... sadly most of my friends and family just dont get it or dont care to. i've decided that this is my one and only life and it's up to me to make the most of it. i'm choosing to pick a healthier lifestyle not just for myself but for those i love. i would love to buddy up with you to offer each other support and motivation. we CAN do this. :) i'll send ya a request. thanks again and have a blessed one!
  • marfalarf
    Options
    hi :) I'm looking for the same thing as you...although no one responded to my post...I don't know how to work this and add people so please feel free to add me :)