mostly cause I'm bored : ) - pets

Options

Replies

• anna_karina
    Options
    Aw I'm lovin all the pet names!

At my mum's I've got a dog called Oscar - a big stupid but beautiful chocolate labrador and an evil cat called Sambucca, he's been run over so many times he only has a stump for a tail he looks like a little bear.

At my g/f's I've got 2 ***** cats called Brahma and Pheonix.

And at my ex's I've got a wee terrier mix called Ollie, that's him in my pic over my shoulder after a summer storm. He had sore paws that day after too much skidding about on the bball court!
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I have one cat and my roommate has one.

My cat's name is Selene and she's an obssessive cuddly calico. She's shy of strangers but extra-loving towards people she knows. She's also possessive so hates it when the other cat (Skye) gets attention.

My favorite thing to do with her is to nap... I know, lame. But we lay on the couch at least once a week and nap together. One afternoon I slept for three hours with her curled on my hip and the sun shining brightly on us. It was great and honestly I've gotten to the point where I can't nap without my couch, the sun and my cat on my hip or curled on my stomach.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have 2 adult cats Cassie and Callie, 1 is a tabby moggy and one is a tabby tortie Devon Rex (the ones with curly fur). They are both almost 5.

I just got a new black and white kitten today, he is 7 weeks old and as yet is unnamed, I would like C name like the others but can't find a boys name I like, ideas appreciated :)

Casper or Charlie?

I have 3 black cats.

Molly aka Moose (she is lovely, rescued in a hell of a state, she is very independent but she's my girl)

Barney aka Barny boy (he was rescued from an abusive neighbour and is still skittish 4 years on)

and Max aka maxamillian (he is my baby and very needy, always has to be next to me on the sofa)

Oh and one giant very old gold fish called 'Mr Fish' :happy:
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    4 cats, Cleo, Poppy, Muffin & Sweetie.

2 Chinchilla's (very cute), Ollie & Daphne

1 Hamster aptly called Chomp!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Black Labrador - Chuck

2 cats (littermates)

grey tabby - Argyle
    black cat - Peewee
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    1 beagle... Ginger(nickname ROO)
    2 black cats Midnight and Boo
    1 chipmunck in the back yard that has been here a few years..(Munk) and he even found his way in house one day when we open the door he ran in..
  • startingnew09
    Options
    I just wuv my little kitties! :love:

But my two year old male cat Spaz (I blame my husband for that name) is not so little! Poor guy, ever since we took his manhood away..... He's just not the same lap cat....it realy hurts when he's walking all over you!
    Then there is my little girl, Chloe who will turn 1 tomorrow!

I have to say Spaz has the most personality. All Chloe is worried about is cleaning herself and looking in the mirror, seriously. .But Spaz is the one who is obsessed with hiding in dresser drawers, hiding under the sheets while making the bed, and he fetches - anything! Anyone else know of or have a cat like that? Just curious what kind of cat I got on my hands!

As you can tell, I love my kids! :wink:

O yea... I really want a Sheltie!!! I just need a yard first (currently in apartment). Any other Sheltie lovers?
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have two boxers:

Charles Edward ( Charlie )
    Haelo Simeone ( Chicken )

All of my pets have middle names, and when they are in trouble I call them by their full names, just like my Mom does/used to do :wink:
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I just wuv my little kitties! :love:

But my two year old male cat Spaz (I blame my husband for that name) is not so little! Poor guy, ever since we took his manhood away..... He's just not the same lap cat....it realy hurts when he's walking all over you!
    Then there is my little girl, Chloe who will turn 1 tomorrow!

I have to say Spaz has the most personality. All Chloe is worried about is cleaning herself and looking in the mirror, seriously. .But Spaz is the one who is obsessed with hiding in dresser drawers, hiding under the sheets while making the bed, and he fetches - anything! Anyone else know of or have a cat like that? Just curious what kind of cat I got on my hands!

As you can tell, I love my kids! :wink:

All of my cats play (or played) fetch. The littlest one - Klunk, chases tin foil balls and brings them back, Once she loses them under a piece of furniture, she becomes very sucky and howls until we move the furniture to get the balls. We find them all over the place.

O yea... I really want a Sheltie!!! I just need a yard first (currently in apartment). Any other Sheltie lovers?
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    hmmm, my reply got eaten.

All of my cats play (or played) fetch. The littlest one, Klunk, chases tin foil balls and returns them to us for hours on end (it feels like). If she loses them under the furniture she becomes very sucky and howls until we move the furniture for her.

I gotta wonder who has who trained.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    1 dog named Jewel which we got from the shelter...she is a Heinz 57 dog but looks like a golden border collie/star wars creature.

2 cats, Monet (avatar) she is 10 yrs old and has had all her teeth pulled hence why her tongue sticks out when I pet her and she purrs and gets super relaxed.

Other cat BK (basement kitty) who adopted us last summer by hanging out in our backyard making buds with our dog, but not with Monet. She is super plump and very bold.
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I have a friend whose cat fetched paper balls and played with the dogs. Also know of another cat whose owner hides toys around the house and the cat retrieves them and gathers them in a pile for fun.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I haVe 2 cats.

Andre' Thomas is a domestic long hair. He thinks he's mommy's itty bitty baby boy. He's a large, fat cat. I got him when he was around 8 weeks old around 10 years ago.

Judy Michelle is actually my son's cat. She's a domestic short hair (also fat). If you look in the dictionary under scaredy cat, you'll see Judy's picture. :laugh: She's a good cat though. We got her from a friend around 9 years ago maybe. It was after we got Andre'. Not sure how old she is.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Liam Kickapoo (Kickapoo - his name before I rescued him) aka Honey Boy
    - almost 2 year old lynx/blue point Siamese who fetches, comes when I whistle and say "come here" - perfect cat dog
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    2 cats adopted from my fiancée. Koshi and Yuki.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    2 cats adopted from my fiancée. Koshi and Yuki.
  • xchrysalisx
    xchrysalisx Posts: 101
    Options
    2 cats
    Echo - aka Princess
    Imriel - aka Fat *kitten*

3 Gerbils
    2 males - Smith & Wesson
    1 female - Eris
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    2 kitties, my babies.

Cutie - age 4 as of April 15th. (my son named her, because she is so cute...lol)

n624940490_2427780_3598.jpg

Buddy - Fat-*kitten* double pawed grumpy guy that we love to pieces and won't let anyone touch him except us! No idea how old he is because he adopted US, just walked up and said "I live here now" pretty much....

n624940490_2427664_394.jpg
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    4 Dogs
    -Ash,12 yo German Shepard/Husky (followed my husband home running about 11 years ago)
    -Sam, 6 yo Newfoundland/Retriever Mix (couldn't leave the humane society without him, had no clue he was a newfy)
    - Kacy, 3 yo Boxer
    - Maggie, 6 month old Boxer (Kacy's daughter)

3 Cats
    - Molly, 12 yo black long haired tabby, AWESOME mouser!
    - JoJo, 3 1/2 yo, 20lb orange&white tabby. Has used 3 of his 9 lives. Had a stroke or huge seizure when he was 9 mos
    which caused brain damage. Then started having regular seizures about a year later, another nasty one had him at the vet
    for a couple of days. Then broke his leg about a year ago. That was no fun. He is an awful patient, so whenever he goes in,
    he has to be sedated which ups the bill a lot. I have always joked that he is the most expensive free cat I have ever had, lol.
    I love him tons even though he's not a "normal" cat.
    - Bert, 1 1/2 yo tiger kitty. He's awesome. He has figured out how to open the sliding door to get out, so we have to block it
    and he loves playing fetch also. He's a lover.

1 yellow parakeet - Tallulah(Toula)
    - 5 yo and very talkative. She's a lot of fun:)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    3 dogs-
    Heidi-fat tweenie dachshund (mix of standard and mini dachshund)
    Rayne- Jack Russell Terror
    Grace- Chihuahua/JRT mix

They are all rescued animals. We've in the past had rats (love them..c.an't have any now due to the doxie).
    I've worked in rescue most of my life...I've had anywhere between 3-15 dogs in the house at any given time (I foster a lot).