tired of boring water...

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    so i cant tell if its healthy or not lol
    There is no one single answer to 'Healthy'. For some on here, it might be a high calorie drink. For others, something with no aspartame etc in - for many it's something like Diet Coke, because it gives them the caffiene boost to keep them going while helping them achieve their overall goal of having a leaner body.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I never understand these hate water people

clean water has no taste..there is no taste to hate

to get enough water in your system each day takes literally less than 10 seconds a few times a day

you people can talk yourselves into anything

you act like drinking some water is climbing a mountain in a blizzard

quit making it such a big deal

:drinker:

To me, there's nothing like a glass of water when I'm thirsty.
  • DeniseMCronin
    DeniseMCronin Posts: 27 Member
    Options

to get enough water in your system each day takes literally less than 10 seconds a few times a day

I used to drink a lot of soft drinks and found it hard to drink water....initially...

I started with sparkling water but now I love non-carbonated water

My natural thirst has returned....thank god
  • tmuster
    Options
    I drink EXTEND by Scivation which is a bran Chain Amino Acid. NO Calories and great replacement for gatoraide as well.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I drink EXTEND by Scivation which is a bran Chain Amino Acid. NO Calories and great replacement for gatoraide as well.

Is it similar to EXTENZE?
  • fitmommy2013
    fitmommy2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i either drink the fruit water with sweetners no calories or slice an orange and put it in my water and its just as yummy and its Natural. and i love plain water but it gets boring sometimes
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of sparkling water - Perrier, Mendota Spring, La Croix, etc. I find that it's not as 'boring' as plain water and yet doesn't have much in it. I recently got a soda stream home carbonation machine and really like that too. I gave up all soda about 5 weeks ago, which totally sucked inasmuch as I LOVE soda, but I do feel better. I just read too much bad/frightening stuff about artificial sweeteners and/or soda (the stroke connection is the one that actually made it up, although the connection between soda - regular OR diet - and increased obesity also helped) to keep it up. I still miss it; God knows I miss it terribly! But the sparkling water has helped a lot and, like one of the posters above, my taste for water is coming back. Thankfully.
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My gym just posted a recipe for additions to water that actually sounds good:

it’s very easy to make: in water add 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced, 1 lemon, thinly sliced, 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger and around 10 spearmint leaves.
    leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight and in the morning you’ll have a cold and really refreshing drink
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm just waiting for someone to ask if these water substitutes count as part of their daily water intake...

/sortaserious.
  • BrittneyLutz
    BrittneyLutz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has been stated before but I keep a bag of pre-cut citrus fruit in my fridge for my water (and also to squeeze on my fruit in the morning YUM). I'm much more likely to drink a ton of water this way.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever lo/zero call drink you feel like, same difference. If you like natural, drink one of the natural suggestions, if you like chemical and easily found drinks, do that. No difference in the long run.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    But fruit in your water. I swear by it. My favorites are cucumbers, and lemon/limes, and strawberries. Just get a big jug, fill it with water, add your fruit, let it steep for a few hours in the fridge, and VOILA, flavored water with little-to-no calories. :) Just be sure to keep the water cold-ish, or the water gets kind of a bad taste.

:D I agree!!! I have a pitcher with an infuser thing. I have yet to try it, but I am planning to do it with strawberries!
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I made a post similar to this, ppl told me that flavored water has artificial sweeteners which are bad for you :( So im sticking with water/tea with honey(you can add lots of ice to it and make ice tea)/pomegranate juice(watered down since is so strong) :D
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Whoa.

Whatever happened to personal preferences?

I can't stand peas, are you going to berate me too?
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Water isn't supposed to be exciting in taste, just hydrating in purpose. That's all my body cares about!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Is it similar to EXTENZE?
    One makes the little guy grow.
    One makes your wallet shrink.

Both are BS.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • anitac0126
    anitac0126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I balked at lemon slices in water until I actually tried it. But then, lemons are a pain in the butt ((to me)) to keep stocked, sliced, washing knife, etc, etc....My family drinks sugar free walmart brand lemonade. I make my tall cup of ice water and leave a 1/2 inch at the top to add a splash of the lemonade. :) Voila. Just enough flavor to take out the plain water, and not so much that you are drinking something other than water. :)
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT WATER DOES TO A NAIL IF YOU GET IT WET? IT RUSTS IT. IMAGINE WHAT IT DOES IN YOUR STOMACH! :frown: :embarassed: :sick:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT WATER DOES TO A NAIL IF YOU GET IT WET? IT RUSTS IT. IMAGINE WHAT IT DOES IN YOUR STOMACH! :frown: :embarassed: :sick:

OH NO!!!! I just drank some!!! WHAT should i do?