What do you eat for brekkie?

Options
2»

Replies

• kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I make up pinto beans on the weekends - I just boil them and then add salt and pepper before I eat them.
    Breakfast is generally 1 cup of beans topped with one egg followed by some fruits. If I'm feeling like it, I'll eat the beans with a corn tortilla or two.
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    I like 1 egg poached/ 2T low sodium black refried beans, on a warm corn tortilla, with 1 slice canadian bacon, fat fee sour cream & salsa! bon appetite
  • mesa4
    mesa4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like the 45 calorie wheat bread or 50 calorie double fiber bread. I make a piece of toast with the healthier version of butter, one fried egg, With spray oil or butter, and 2 pieces of turkey bacon. I also have 4 ounces of milk or juice. Its really great. I feel like Im not watching calories.
    I also like the frozen waffles from the freezer section at Walmart, frozen blueberries and sugar free syrup or a small amount of regular. These are both 200+ calories.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    6oz vanilla yogurt (about 3/4 cup or so) topped with 1/2 cup granola type breakfast cereal (any kind you like) topped with 1/2 cup chopped fruit or berries. I eat this before class many days and I'm full for at least 3 hours
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal added 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 T peanut butter (all natural) and a little milk...YUM. Especially if you are active, it really holds you!

That sounds like a really good breakfast! I'll bet some fresh blueberries or strawberries would be excellent in there too! :o)

I try to keep my meals roughly the same size throughout the day, excluding my snacks. I have around 300 - 400 cals for breakfast, lunch & dinner and then 100 - 200 calories snacks between meals. So I would take in about 1300 - 1600 cals per day. I'm pretty sedentary during the day with my desk job but I exercise pretty vigorously 6 days a week. I do weight training and cardio.

Each person is different so find what works for you. If you like a variety of foods you have more choices. I'm kinda picky and tend to eat the same things all the time. Just try to focus on whole grains, fresh/frozen fruits, lean proteins and mix them up!

On the weekends I'll make a Protein Oatmeal Pancake. 1 pkt. sugar-free instant oatmeal (any flavor), 1 Tbsp. milled flaxseed, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 c. egg whites (egg beaters). Top it with 1/4 c. fresh or frozen fruit. YUM!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    ruby red grapefruit with egg whites on "in the thins" bread, slice of no fat cheese
    banana & yogurt
  • artsyuno
    artsyuno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Banana, slice of sprouted grain bread with 2 tsp. cashew butter, cup of plain yogurt with a few fresh strawberries blended in.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Now I'm beginning to believe that NO ONE else will ever like this, but it's what I eat without fail absolutely every morning and I look forward to it!

2/3c. low fat cottage cheese (my favourite is the weight watchers one)
    1/2 medium banana
    1/2 c. chopped strawberries

Top the cottage cheese with the fruit, stir in and enjoy! This with my morning latte is all I need and lasts me until 1-2pm.
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm a fan of omlets - egg whites with veggies and some low fat cheese!

ME TOO! I like to make the campers omlette's because they are fast and easy! take your egg whites and what ever your adding ( I like to add a little cheese a smidge of onion and celantro) anyways you put it in a ziplock baggy and boil it till it's done. So easy..
  • smilogirl
    smilogirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love fruit and cottage cheese!
  • smilogirl
    smilogirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie. I put half an apple, half a banana, a few slices of peach or pear, or strawberries/blueberries, a tablespoon of cottage cheese, a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a little milk or juice. I then blend it in my Magic Bullet and drink it through the morning. It is nice and thick like a milk shake, so it is chewable if I need it to be (I believe in chewing everything!), and the peanut butter gives me a little staying power. I found without the peanut butter, I got hungry in an hour when my blood sugar began to drop. When I don't have a smoothie, I will usually eat left overs from the night before. I'm not a snacker, so I like to eat so that I'm satisfied.
  • MiniRose2B
    Options
    When I have more time, I have Oatmeal, toasted English muffin, and OJ, when I'm rushed I have English muffin, soy pattie and OJ.
  • smallangel2010
    smallangel2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing :flowerforyou:

I've seen a lot of yummy ideas :bigsmile: I need to go shopping again I think :wink: This morning I added tinned apricots to my Readybrek and it was quite yummy :love:

I have a question ... What are "rolled oats" it may be that we call them something different over here :huh:

Please keep the ideas coming :drinker:

Hi, ChellieIrish,

I buy Flahavans 'Jumbo' Porridge Flakes, they are not processed in anyway what so ever. I usually soak them overnight in water, then into the microwave for 90 seconds. I sweeten w/ honey & add 1/2 a dessertspoon of linwoods flaxseeds, sesame seeds & gogi berry mix. Gorgeous! I also eat brown spelt bread, I buy mine thats made by a bakery in Youghal it's called 'George Harringtons', but you might be able to get it in Cahir. Their breads are delicious !

This morning for a change, I chopped up some fruit & added yoplait greek style yoghurt. I try to avoid rice krispies and crunchy nut corn flakes and have them for a treat instead, as they can be high in sugar, no matter what they say on the box! Good luck on your journey
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I made frittatas this weekend and they were yummy! They're about 120 calories each and the recipe is from WW.
    Individual Ham, Cheese and Veggie Frittatas. The one thing I do have to note is that the hash brown potatoes have to be flavored up a bit - salt, pepper, spices, something. They're too bland as is.

POINTS® Value: 2
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 25 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Whip up a batch of these mini frittatas on a Sunday night and you’ve got breakfast ready to go for the week. Pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy.

Ingredients
    2 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 pound(s) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
    4 large egg(s), beaten
    1 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
    1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
    1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
    2 oz cooked lean ham, finely chopped
    1/8 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
    1/8 cup(s) green pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
    2 Tbsp onion(s), finely chopped
    1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese
    Instructions

* Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray. Spread potatoes around bottom and press potato up sides of each muffin hole; place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.

* Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add ham, peppers, onion and cheese to bowl; mix to combine.

* Remove potatoes from oven (after cooking for 10 minutes) and press potatoes down firmly with a spoon so that they are spread out like mini piecrusts (potatoes should cover bottom and sides of each hole). Pour about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the center of each muffin hole.

* Return pan to oven and cook until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 frittata per serving.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have several favorite breakfasts that I like to alternate. This morning I had:
    Breakfast: steamed spinach, tomato and egg topped with 7g cheese (about 1/12 of a cup).

Yesterday I had a protein shake smoothie ( a little different than usual because I had some leftover kefir). regular is : 1 Cup skim milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 banana, about 100g of blueberries and a couple of grams of wheat grass when I have it. I blend it all up in my VitaMix with 1-2 C ice. Very satisfying and about 400 calories if you consume it all.

Sometimes I like 7 grain cooked cereal, and add some almonds and some favorite fruits,( Craisins, Goji berries, blueberries, strawberries, peaches,whatever is available).

Omelets with lots of veggies are great.

Sometimes I have even had smoked salmon on a specialty bread. When I have the smoked salmon I'm sure to watch other sodium in the day so I never go to high. Actually I like to keep my sodium below 2000 mg most of the time.

When I'm in a hurry and think to plan ahead I put Muesili in yogurt the night before then it is ready to grab and run when I need it.

Greek yogurt with extra fruit

Good luck! breakfast is an important meal that we should never go without.

Take care everyone!
    Shari