Coffee and cookies......

bethinagain
bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
If your anything like me, I like to dunk cookies in my coffee every morning and afternoon. Before dieting, I use to dunk 5-6 cookies with every cup. Chocolate chip, butter cookies, P. Farm Milano cookies etc.....and each cookie is between 50-90 calories each. Well, I miss my cookies and came across an alternative. I bought Kroger brand chocolate graham crackers for my kids as a snack and read the nutrion facts. I couldn't belive that each graham cracker was only 11 calories and tastes just like a chocolate cookie. I had 6 with my coffee this mornig and it was only 66 calories, the same calories as for one of the other cookies!

I'm so excited that I got my cookie dunking back! Just wanted to share!

Replies

• sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    Well done...it makes it easier when you don't feel deprived!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Awesome. I love when I find a good alternative to things I used to eat. I now use sugar free coffee creamer in my coffee. I get 3 servings for the same cals as 1 serving of what I used to get. I also use Light Italian dressing instead of Light Ranch. Small things like that can really impact your calorie count for the day. Now I feel like I eat all the time and I'm never hungry.
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    For me I used to love chips and French Onion dip. I could go through an 8 oz tub of dip in 1 snack. About 2 tsp dip on each chip!:noway:

Now, I eat 16 reduced fat Wheat Thins, 2 tablespoons of reduced fat sour cream and 1 Tablespoon dried chives.

Works for me!:smile:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    I clicked on your post just because it sounded yummy!

It's true--graham crackers are an awesome snack.

One other thing I did (after a lifetime of doing otherwise) was start drinking my coffee black instead of with ~100 calories of half & half and sugar. I thought it would be hard, but you know, if the coffee's good quality, it tastes fine just as it is!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    I clicked on your post just because it sounded yummy!

It's true--graham crackers are an awesome snack.

One other thing I did (after a lifetime of doing otherwise) was start drinking my coffee black instead of with ~100 calories of half & half and sugar. I thought it would be hard, but you know, if the coffee's good quality, it tastes fine just as it is!
    I'm working on this too.. I use splenda now and I've cut my cream in half. Not sure if I can go all the way to black coffee, but since I drink 2-3 cups a day it's cut down on the calories!
  • GREAT IDEA!
    I miss snacking on sweets too, and since we're so busy it's hard to try to save up calories for those little guilty pleasures.

Something I did even before I started counting my calories was I switched to Almond milk (chocolate usually) in my coffee, and if I'm feeling really naughty I'll put a tiny bit of flavored agave nectar in it. Fewer calories than(whole) milk or half and half, you don't get the hormones that you would with dairy products, and agave nectar is low glycemic, so you don't have to worry about that sugar-addiction eating.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    GREAT IDEA!
    I miss snacking on sweets too, and since we're so busy it's hard to try to save up calories for those little guilty pleasures.

Something I did even before I started counting my calories was I switched to Almond milk (chocolate usually) in my coffee, and if I'm feeling really naughty I'll put a tiny bit of flavored agave nectar in it. Fewer calories than(whole) milk or half and half, you don't get the hormones that you would with dairy products, and agave nectar is low glycemic, so you don't have to worry about that sugar-addiction eating.

I switched to almound milk too! Never thought about buying the chocolate one......I bet it's great in coffee! I'll have to give that one a try! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.