How to keep calorie in take up?

Options
I am having problems getting to my daily calorie goal... (i do not eat much meat) how can i get it up?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest drinking bacon grease, but if you don't eat much meat... how about peanut butter?
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest drinking bacon grease, but if you don't eat much meat... how about peanut butter?

Peanut butter would work if my son wasnt deathly allergic...:frown:
  • craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and coconut meat are two of my favourite high-calorie, non-meat snacks :)
  • tywebbbushwood
    Options
    Is it all types of nuts or just peanuts? That is a tough one and one I don't have an issue with. All types of beans and dairy are good sources of protein. Do you take any protein powders? It isn't perfect but it is good to add to things like oatmeal and other foods.
  • bbcoachmegan
    Options

Peanut butter is actually considered a fat - not a protein.
  • bbcoachmegan
    Options
    You should try to have 5 small meals throughout the day - all 250-350 calories. Certainly that may go up or a down a bit ... but its something to shoot for. Make sure you have protein in each meal ... it will be super helpful.

Here are some good snack ideas:
    1 string cheese and 2 clementine oranges
    Greek yogurt w/ 1/2 c fresh fruit
    1 C edamame
    banana w/ 2 tbs PB
    12 almonds w/ a small apple
    Shakeology

Hope that helps :)
  • wellbert
    Options

peanut butter is carbs, fat, and protein.

I'd skip the shakeology. If you must drink a shake, grab a decent quality protein shake (Like True Nutrition, Optimum, even Bodytech) and pop a multivitamin. Same or better quality for a fraction of the cost.

What about almond butter? Cashews?
    More Avacados!

I eat a tub of cottage cheese every day myself when I don't know what else to do. It has fantastic macros And it's cheap.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

She just asked for more calories and it does have protein with the fat. Some people like avocados. Greek yogurt is good if you want higher calories get the kind with honey.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think a good whey protein shake would be beneficial for you. If you don't eat a lot of meat it will help you with protein and calories.
  • bbcoachmegan
    Options

peanut butter is carbs, fat, and protein.

I'd skip the shakeology. If you must drink a shake, grab a decent quality protein shake (Like True Nutrition, Optimum, even Bodytech) and pop a multivitamin. Same or better quality for a fraction of the cost.

What about almond butter? Cashews?
    More Avacados!

I eat a tub of cottage cheese every day myself when I don't know what else to do. It has fantastic macros And it's cheap.

Shakeology is SO much more than a "decent protein shake" ... and without the fillers, chemicals and artificial sweeteners.

Looks like my nutritional choices are different than yours - which is totally okay.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Almonds are great..avocado...good sharp cheddar cheese (1 oz has something like 120 calories). Also, just make it a point to eat more.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    A glass of 1% milk has roughly 110 cals per 1 cup. High in calories, but not huge to consume ..

The debate about Shakeology won't go anywhere, fast.. anyone with bbcoach in front of their name is going to talk up their product..
  • wellbert
    Options

Shakeology is SO much more than a "decent protein shake" ... and without the fillers, chemicals and artificial sweeteners.

Looks like my nutritional choices are different than yours - which is totally okay.

So there are no chemicals at all in shakeology?
  • whitneyberra1987
    Options
    No he is not allergic to tree nuts! and i have been thinking bout greek yougurt... and on the note of protine shakes I am good no need for those...

And on a side note i tend to over eat so i would prefer 3 meal a day. with a snack
  • wellbert
    Options
    o he is not allergic to tree nuts! and i have been thinking bout greek yougurt... and on the note of protine shakes i am good noo need for those

Great! A handful of cashews or macadmia nuts REALLY fills the calories in a healthy way.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So many people flogging off their products on here everyday... eat REAL food.

No need to spend extra. Eat whole eggs, add healthy oil like coconut or extra virgin olive oil in you cooking or in salad dressings, avocados, full fat dairy, dried fruits etc..
  • whitneyberra1987
    Options
    So many people flogging off their products on here everyday... eat REAL food.

No need to spend extra. Eat whole eggs, add healthy oil like coconut or extra virgin olive oil in you cooking or in salad dressings, avocados, full fat dairy, dried fruits etc..

Thank you!!!
    I am not one for shakes YUK no thanks!

I am talking about food not drink... it is bad to drink your calories anyway...
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Eat more of what you like. It's that simple. Also, you can do so many other things with protein powder besides making a shake.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    if you have trouble eating meat, im guessing protein, then supplement it. A good whey protein or a blend of egg, whey and caseinate will be fine.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Cake and pizza