A Big NSV - One and half of my key goals have been met.

Options
I am extremely excited and pleased to report that I've fully met one of my key non-scale goals and all-but fully met a second, related goal. Those two goals were to get off of all hypertension medicine and all diabetes medicine. I knew that those goals could only be accomplished if I lost a lot of weight and started eating nutritious foods. Well . . . I had a physical last week and just got the results of my blood work. After losing 86 pounds since May 14, I am now officially off of all hypertension medicine, and my diabetes medication has been reduced to the lowest possible dose. (I had eliminated on my own another diabetes medication this summer because my self-testing showed that my blood sugars were under control.) My hemoglobin AIC number came back at 5.7! My doctor wants to play it safe and keep me on a low dose of Metformin/glucophage for another 3 months. I fully intend and expect to be off all medication after getting another blood test in early March. And my CBC, liver, kidney, urine, and PSA tests were all perfect. I'm very happy!

Replies

• TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am soooo happy for you and your family!!!! Congratulations! You are an inspiration to a lot of us here.
  • triceever
    Options
    You rock!!! Congrats with your success.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    That is great news! it is amazing how quickly we can begin to heal ourselves when we eat right and exercise! Being sedentary and eating unhealthy foods are as hard on a person as smoking and alcohol abuse are, which I never really realized before...
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO, LEE!!! I'm SOOOOO proud of you, Challenge Buddy!

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congtats not just on reaching your 1 & 1/2 goals but on setting such great goals to begin with - live long and prosper!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    That is so great!! Congrats and amazing job!!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am extremely excited and pleased to report that I've fully met one of my key non-scale goals and all-but fully met a second, related goal. Those two goals were to get off of all hypertension medicine and all diabetes medicine. I knew that those goals could only be accomplished if I lost a lot of weight and started eating nutritious foods. Well . . . I had a physical last week and just got the results of my blood work. After losing 86 pounds since May 14, I am now officially off of all hypertension medicine, and my diabetes medication has been reduced to the lowest possible dose. (I had eliminated on my own another diabetes medication this summer because my self-testing showed that my blood sugars were under control.) My hemoglobin AIC number came back at 5.7! My doctor wants to play it safe and keep me on a low dose of Metformin/glucophage for another 3 months. I fully intend and expect to be off all medication after getting another blood test in early March. And my CBC, liver, kidney, urine, and PSA tests were all perfect. I'm very happy!

That's fantastic.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I am hoping that at my January Dr. visit I can get off my HBP meds. SInce cutting out most processed foods and keeping my sodium at about 1600mg a day my BP (on meds) is averaging about 105/65--it used to be 130/90. Good food and exercise is the best medicine. (and a little red wine).
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! That is a great Hgb A1C! Way to go!!!! Must feel great to have made such a huge difference in your health. :)
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Your body's way of thank you, great job!
  • johnny2274
    johnny2274 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is HUGE man! Congrats!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW! That is fantastic!
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    You have done a great job! You got your health back!:heart::love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jaywass72
    Jaywass72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up. NSV are more rewarding than the digits of you weight.

Of subject...........KSUuuuuu Wildcats!!!!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment. Way to go!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! As a nurse, I can appreciate the medical benefits of weight loss. I commend you! More patients need to follow your lead!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's friggin' AWESOME!!!

*high five*

Thanks for the inspiration to continue on the path of diabetes prevention. It helps me to see that you have had such amazing results with what used to be considered a life long medication-requiring condition.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations! :)
  • juliette28
    Options
    Wow!!!! That is fantastic news and great encouragement for the rest of us! You have done so well in such a short period of time! Congratulations to you...and best of health in the future! Thank you for sharing this NSV.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!