Need New Running GPS any suggestions?

Options
Hello

I was out at a running event on the weekend and when I got home my Garmin 305 no longer was working. I thought the battery could be dead but charged it all up and still nothing. So I guess I will be out shopping looking for a new one to put under my Christmas Tree. I am training now for the Disney Princess so I really need one to keep my pace. I know you can get apps for your phones however it's not practical when my phone is ALWAYS in my fuel belt.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreiated!!

Replies

• Tisch1985
    Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just got the garmin forerunner 210+ HRM i like it so far. It does everything i want it to do!

Maybe you should post what you GPS/HRM needs to do for you!?
  • gillybeanz74
    gillybeanz74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I need my GPS to tell me my pace I am going as I run as well as average pace when I am finished, how many miles or km I have run and it should have the option on it so I can do 10:1 as I run 10 mins walk a min (hydrate time in the one min)
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Mine did this after charging - fixed by holding down MODE and RESET buttons. See if that works!
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    The Garmin 410 is currently on sale for about half the price at most retailers. I know Amazon has it for that. I haven't got it yet, as I am waiting for "Santa" Lol! But off of the reviews I have read it looks like a steal at the price it is.
  • gillybeanz74
    Options
    Mine did this after charging - fixed by holding down MODE and RESET buttons. See if that works!

Just tried that and it turned on then right back off. And wont come back on again lol. Mind you it is 4 years old this Christmas so it has served it's time
  • gillybeanz74
    Options
    The Garmin 410 is currently on sale for about half the price at most retailers. I know Amazon has it for that. I haven't got it yet, as I am waiting for "Santa" Lol! But off of the reviews I have read it looks like a steal at the price it is.

Yes we have it here at Costco and I think it was $169
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Just tried that and it turned on then right back off. And wont come back on again lol. Mind you it is 4 years old this Christmas so it has served it's time

Just in time for Christmas though ;)
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know you stated you don't want an app because you leave your phone in your fuel belt, but I do that and it works fine. RunKeeper has the ability to announce overall pace/current pace/distance/ total time at different intervals (either by time or distance), so there is never a need to pull it out of your fuel belt while on a run. The web site has nice reporting an links to other apps.