Moroccan Mint Green Tea

Options
We are trying Moroccan Mint Green Tea -- supposedly Dr. Oz (never heard of him) recommends it. I keep searching online for what he recommends it for and only see sites selling it to quote him, not credible sites. They say it is for stomach problems, but the only thing on his site is a recipe for green tea, mint, and tangerine that is a metabolism booster. Any ideas?

I LOVE tea and drink it every day and enjoy trying new varieties. When this one had a sign on it that said "Dr. Oz recommends" I had to google it.

I have no idea whether to believe all these hypes of this tea or that, but I am curious.

This is the one we are drinking from The Republic of Tea: http://www.republicoftea.com/product.aspx?p=V00611

It is loose leaf and comes in a tin can.

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip for you, if anything says Dr. Oz recommends X, assume its crap.
  • Hmmm... interesting, you should try the North Korean iranium tea, its good for you...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    he's a quack.

However - mint green tea is delicious. And super low calorie. I love it.

ETA - I brew and drink it 'as-is' - I don't add milk or sugar.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Moroccan Mint green tea tastes very good. I don't use it for any medical benefits.

Dr. Oz finds new "miracle weight loss drugs" each week. He just makes money off of his claims and I'm not sure any of them do what he promises .. without eating well and exercising
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I don't care for Dr. Oz, but I will say I have bought moroccan mint tea a few months ago. (Numi brand) I didn't buy it for any "benefits" however, mint is good for soothing an upset stomach, reducing cravings, and it's supposed to be good for female hormones. But that's mint in general, you could chew leaves for the same effect... but in terms of the tea, it's delicious. :) My favorite flavor.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    It's just regular tea, lightly sweetened with sugar. You can probably find it all your local grocery stores. I like the mint and the white ones. :)

honesttea.jpg
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Green tea is the important part, is being studied for it's role in weight loss, sadly it takes 4 cups of green tea a day to come up with a statistically different result.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    He's a quack.

Did I mention he's a quack.

Of course green tea is good for you and has been for thousands of years.

Did I mention he's a a quack?
  • Onesnap
    Options
    It's just regular tea, lightly sweetened with sugar. You can probably find it all your local grocery stores. I like the mint and the white ones. :)

honesttea.jpg

Great brand but now owned by BIG SODA. Best make your own for the full health benefits.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Yep, he's in the pocket of advertisers. Much like Hungry Girl these days (used to like her)
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Green tea is the important part, is being studied for it's role in weight loss, sadly it takes 4 cups of green tea a day to come up with a statistically different result.

Just one a day helps my immune system and that's more important to me since I travel a lot for work.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Green tea can act as a metabolism booster. Mint can help relieve bloating. Forget that Dr. Oz said to try it and just enjoy that it's tasty and has some nice side effects... And remember that you still have to eat right and exercise, drinking a bit of tea doesn't change that.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Yep, he's in the pocket of advertisers. Much like Hungry Girl these days (used to like her)

DROzRecipesMar12a.jpg
  • Onesnap
    Options

DROzRecipesMar12a.jpg

:: passes out:: I had no idea that even existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I trust Dr.Pepper over Dr.Oz.
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options

If you substitute your water for tea (which is essentially one in the same with added benefits!), you can easily drink 4+ cups a day. I suggest finding whole leaf green teas however. That tea bag crap is usually the left over "crumbs" of tea processing, it's never as fresh and can't be re-steeped as well as whole leaf.

Tea bags can usually be steeped twice IF you're lucky (the second cup is usually weak) but with quality whole leaf teas, you can re-steep 3-6 times depending on the tea type.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Any warm liquid helps to reduce hunger cravings. I can occasionally forget to eat breakfast after drinking a couple of cups of tea or coffee. Green tea with mint is one of my favorites, behind Gunpowder and also Jasmine green tea. If you really want to get serious about green tea, give matcha a try. It's powdered tea leaves, I like mine made into a smoothie with almond milk, stevia, plain greek yogurt, and ice :)
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Any warm liquid helps to reduce hunger cravings. I can occasionally forget to eat breakfast after drinking a couple of cups of tea or coffee. Green tea with mint is one of my favorites, behind Gunpowder and also Jasmine green tea. If you really want to get serious about green tea, give matcha a try. It's powdered tea leaves, I like mine made into a smoothie with almond milk, stevia, plain greek yogurt, and ice :)

Matcha is a personal favorite of mine too! With matcha though, make sure you find a good quality one. They have different grades and the taste varies a lot depending on where you buy yours.

Another great point about matcha is that you're actually drinking down the entire leaf which means lots of nutrients and antioxidants!
  • Georgiapeach27
    Options
    I love Stash Moroccan Mint Green tea. You can get it at a grocery store and it is not expensive. I don't know that it has all the benefits Dr. Oz says it does. I mean he did endorse Kombucha and that can cause urinary tract inflammation in some people. That being said, sometimes if I want an "I'm bored snack" instead of and "I'm hungry snack", I'll drink the tea. It tastes so good!

http://www.stashtea.com/Stash-Tea-Moroccan-Mint-Green/dp/B005DM5P46?gclid=CNjyjr7XkrQCFemiPAodmHgAbw

Mighty Leaf also makes a very tastey one, but it is a little more expensive.
    http://www.mightyleaf.com/product/marrakesh-mint-green-tea