constant butterfly feeling in stomach

Options
so i'm not sure what to make of this however for the past week or so my stomach constantly feels like i have butterflies in it (you know that rumbling feeling you get when you're nervous). could it just be nerves (husband and i have had some unexpected financial struggles recently) or could it be something more? it's not constant constant but the butterfly feeling is happening enough that it makes me wonder if it's due to a stressful time right now or something more. i'm trying to decide if it's something i should just go to the doctor and have checked out but seriously how in the world would they check my i have "butterflies in my stomach feeling" symptom.

Replies

• hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. You can also check symptoms on a number of websites. It could be something more than stress. You never know, especially if it is something new. You know your body better than anyone else. If it is strange, have it checked.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. You can also check symptoms on a number of websites. It could be something more than stress. You never know, especially if it is something new. You know your body better than anyone else. If it is strange, have it checked.

i've been on the websites and according to some i either have the flu or caught a rare disease from some far away country i've never been to.
  • mylee69
    Options
    Stress could be a true factor but if its persistant it is worth seeing a Doctor, I have these symtoms due to stress but found I have the same when I eat certain things due to an ulcer. You could actually be contributing to your stress worrying about this so that in itself is worth seeing a Doctor. Feel better soon.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    Options
    thank you to the both of you. i contacted my health insurance nurse hotline and they sent me an article to read. based on the information i'm going to call my doctor. i just don't want my husband worrying about me. we have enough going on that he's worried about (don't want to add to it). UGH!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options

i've been on the websites and according to some i either have the flu or caught a rare disease from some far away country i've never been to.

google is NOT your friend when it comes to health issues! If you're very concerned go to your doctor (not the ED) and ask them. It is most likely stress as many people seem to get this with stress. Don't panic, it will just make it worse!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Do you take any supplements? I've taken some pre work out supplements that were pretty powerful stimulants and in was really jittery on them.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    Options
    i don't take any medication except i do drink 2 cups of coffee daily. i hope it's not the coffee. grrrr..... why do i feel like being 40 has something to do with all THIS!
  • jnoring
    Options
    I had that feeling for months. I went to the doctor and found out I could not eat gluten anymore. I would defiantly check with your doctor. It seems so innocent but it’s not. Plus it gets annoying fast.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i don't take any medication except i do drink 2 cups of coffee daily. i hope it's not the coffee. grrrr..... why do i feel like being 40 has something to do with all THIS!

Could be perimenopause. When I was going through the early phases of menopause I had what I called the feeling of being "full of bees".... sort of jittery all over, but mostly in the stomach. And.... is there any possibility you could be pregnant? It is probably stress related, but absolutely get it checked out just to be on the safe side!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    Options

Could be perimenopause. When I was going through the early phases of menopause I had what I called the feeling of being "full of bees".... sort of jittery all over, but mostly in the stomach. And.... is there any possibility you could be pregnant? It is probably stress related, but absolutely get it checked out just to be on the safe side!

not sure which is worse being pregnant or early stages of menopause. don't get me wrong i love children we just don't want children.
  • Loula124
    Loula124 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I felt like this I finally figured out it was caffeine jitters - though I drank more than two cups a day. I drink decaf now and really notice when I have just one caffeinated drink, though now I know what it is it doesn't bother me so much!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

not sure which is worse being pregnant or early stages of menopause. don't get me wrong i love children we just don't want children.

the first thing I would do is go get a pregnancy test. I know of at least one friend who thought she was in the early stages of menopause and it turned out to be her 5th child! I know of another woman who was at her pre-op for her tubal ligation when she found out she was pregnant--with twins!

ETA: it wouldn't hurt to switch to decaf or half-caff coffee for a week or so and see if the weird belly goes away
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    try and drink a pint of water and have some yogurt before your morning coffee, it may help.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    Options

the first thing I would do is go get a pregnancy test. I know of at least one friend who thought she was in the early stages of menopause and it turned out to be her 5th child! I know of another woman who was at her pre-op for her tubal ligation when she found out she was pregnant--with twins!

ETA: it wouldn't hurt to switch to decaf or half-caff coffee for a week or so and see if the weird belly goes away

OH GOOD DOG! now i'm worried.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    Options
    try and drink a pint of water and have some yogurt before your morning coffee, it may help.

i like this suggestion more than the pregnancy test.
  • nurselauren83
    nurselauren83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What was the diagnosis?