I think I might have to gain back some of my weight..

Options
2»

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think you should throw the scale away...preferably at the heads of the people who keep telling you that you are too skinny.

What idiocy is that? You look great.

If you want to put on some mass (rather than fat) eat about 250 calories or so above TDEE and follow a good resistance training programme for a sufficient period of time. If you find that you have put on a little too much fat with the overall increase in weight then you can always diet back down but do it slowly.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I was always getting told how skinny I was..but since I've been strength training, people don't say anything any more.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Only you can decide what is right for you. Go by how your clothes fit and how you feel and try not to get caught up in what other people are saying. They may just be concerned that you are going to lose more weight.

If you decide to regain a little weight, as others have said building a bit of muscle would be the best way to go. Strength train and eat at a small calorie surplus (100 to 200 cals over TDEE) to ensure you don't just put on fat but also build LBM.

You will also find that when you increase your calories you will feel much stronger when you are lifting. Muscles love to be well fed.
  • nomadlady7
    nomadlady7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Listening to people who told me I looked too skinny is how I ended up gaining too much weight. If you feel good, then the weight is good for you. Don't let people tell you what you should weigh, unless they're all doctors and are concerned about your health.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic. Don't let others skew your image of yourself. IF you truly do want to gain, I would increase strength training. Good Luck to you :flowerforyou:

This^^ You look great!! My question is how do you feel? If you feel strong and healthy then to heck with other people calling you skinny. That could be their jealousy and own insecurity talking.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! :)