Motivation buddies...and LOTS of them!!

Options
Its soooo embarrassing that I have been on this site for 2 years and have lost less than 10 lbs!! SERIOUSLY?!? Need motivation.. inspiration..and buddies to help get me in the right direction! So I can be proud of myself! Feel accomplished! I have a long way to go but looking for anyone who wants the same motivational support as well. A little about me...

Im 23
Female
Lives in SOCAL
SW 271
CW 265
GW 160
And im 5'7-5'8

I wish everyone the best of luck on your journey! We can all do this!!

Replies

• plaingirly
    Options
    You can do this!

Maybe you just weren't in the right place mentally 2 years ago. I know I have tried and failed at losing weight before because I viewed it as a punishment or some temporary change.

This is my first time doing a "grown up" diet! So no super low cal meal replacement diets and no cutting out whole food groups. Just counting calories and exercising! I wish I had started years ago!
  • Megzfitlog
    Options
    You and I are VERY similar weight wise. Add me if you'd like.
    PS: plaingirly is very supportive too.
  • Romes08
    Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I feel the EXACT same way.. I have only been on here for 6 months but I feel like I dont get enough support or motivation. I am also pretty close to the same Weight and Height too!

SW:294
    CW:289
    GW:180

Ht: 5'6.5-5'7

Feel free to add me!! :) We can get fit together!!
  • twright513
    Options
    I love meeting new people and I can always use more motivation and encouragement! Feel free to add me :)
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    The amount of time it takes you to get to your destination doesn't matter at all. You cannot fail if you don't give up! Just keep at it! 10 pounds is a heck of a lot better than 0 pounds! And imagine all of the people who have gained weight in the past 2 years!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, too, all of you. :)

I love motivation. It's you guys that keep me sane and in control!

SW:181.6
    CW:172.6
    GW:Let's go with 140 for now.

Ht: 5'6.5"
  • chelseaj525
    chelseaj525 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement everyone =)
  • I don't think I've ever actually even talked to anyone on this website before, aha ... apparently I'm a bit of a wallflower. I'd love to get to know you all and I think I can be a pretty great motivator. :) Feel free to add me any time!

SW: 163
    CW: 157 (last I checked ..)
    GW: 140
    UGW: 125
  • cutmesumslack
    cutmesumslack Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weighed 50lbs less when my forth (last) was 5 mos old then I do now talk about hard times. You can only find so many excuses as to where the weight came from. I swear these last few months I can account for every single pound. Carl's Jr, and that dang Memphis BBQ Burger. I am just taking it day by day and I am proud of myself for the little things I do. The last few weeks have been hard I will lose 2lbs and gain 1lb back on a weekend. I am really starting to step up my exercise even if it just means walking. I gave myself a nice goal of Easter time frame to evaluate where I am. Don't beat yourself up everyday. Cheers
  • ckleczka
    ckleczka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Took me too many years to get my head in the right place for this and I wish I had started much earlier to get it together. My motivation has been coming from a sign I posted on the fridge and the bathroom mirror with the question, "Who do you want to be?" Every time I feel a craving or am coming up with too many excuses for not getting my butt to the fitness room, I just ponder that question for a few minutes. At least for the past 34 days it has set me back on the right path. That and a goal to workout every day for 66 days (I'm on day 34). (I read that some recent research has indicated it takes this long to really establish a habit as "automatic", so that's how I chose the number.) The fitness goal is really keeping me focused on just this one thing I need to do every day. Doesn't matter when as long as I do it. The only other goals I have set are the 1200 calories a day tracking (which I don't always keep to, but close most days!) and tracking everything I eat in my MFP app. I haven't really reached out to others here as yet, or even connected with anyone, but would love to with others like yourselves!

Caley
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. It's always nice to share and help each other out. Sometimes you just need to say enough is enough, and get ready to put in the work. Are you ready for it?
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • winterswish
    Options
    LOVE your mini-goals you have posted! I should do something like that. I'm happy to be added to your list 'o supporters. We all need it. If we didn't we wouldn't be here. :)