What do you do to feel good about yourself??

Options
What do you do for confidence? What makes you feel good about yourself?

Replies

• ashleynicoled09
    ashleynicoled09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dressing up always helps me feel better about myself. Whenever i feel like blah, i dress up more than usual. When i look good, i feel good.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Definately agree with a previous post. Make up and at the very least a nice shirt with jeans and fix your hair. NOONE can feel like they are HOTT in a pair of sweats and tweety t-shirt. It always helps me feel better about ME. :flowerforyou:
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I second dressing up. Sometimes I'll dress up and do my makeup and hair even if I'm just hanging out at home. Also, getting a haircut/style and/or a mani/pedi can work wonders!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I go to the mall and try on clothes. I'm easy............ and shallow. haha.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Dressing up. Doing my hair. Actually making a makeup attempt. I spent five days out of the week in scrubs with minimal makeup, so when I go out I love to put on my best outfit and actually make an attempt to look good. Always makes me feel better.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My hair and makeup :happy:
  • kerriotto
    Options
    Setting goals and working towards achieving them. Taking control of what I can makes me feel confident and empowered.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Zumba!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Retail therapy.

Also, I'm trying not to leave the house "undone" which means hair right, nails right, outfit right, makeup right. I feel better about myself when I know I look put together. Admittedly, it's harder than it seems sometimes, especially when all I want to do is hide in my bed.

All my *amazing* friends here encourage me to go to the gym when I feel blue. Come January, that's going to be my goal.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Doing nice things for my family such as taking my mom out to lunch, taking a vacation with mah girl, and trying to live positive instead of looking at all the negative... Things like that make me feel good about myself and that frame of mind gives me motivation to work out and do positive things for my self. :smile:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Setting goals and working towards achieving them. Taking control of what I can makes me feel confident and empowered.

I second this, as well as the posts about wearing clothes I like and fixing my hair and face - but nothing makes me feel as good about myself as reminding myself of my dignity as a child of God. Seriously.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Definately agree with a previous post. Make up and at the very least a nice shirt with jeans and fix your hair. NOONE can feel like they are HOTT in a pair of sweats and tweety t-shirt. It always helps me feel better about ME. :flowerforyou:

I agree with everyone on here about dressing up & make-up and such. BUT, Amber, I have a pretty decent pair of sweats and some T-shirts that I look pretty damn good in...better then some of my other clothes right now...LOL!!!

I get to dress up this weekend to the Nines!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options

I agree with everyone on here about dressing up & make-up and such. BUT, Amber, I have a pretty decent pair of sweats and some T-shirts that I look pretty damn good in...better then some of my other clothes right now...LOL!!!

I get to dress up this weekend to the Nines!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

:noway:

ha ha but I love love love you... and I'm sure those sweats leave you :smokin:
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    bumpin'!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pole Class!

I LOVE it! It makes me feel great. Now I want to try aerial silks next.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Meditation and affirmations! Light incense and just reflect on all the wonderful gifts I have in my life.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    What do you do for confidence? What makes you feel good about yourself?

I lift weights. I just started recently, but I set realistic goals and seems to be on track to meet or exceed them!

I definitely feel awesome when I am standing there with 95# of steel on my back...or laying in the leg press with 230# pressing down on me. Then recently I have had some NSVs where people have come up to me and made positive comments about having seen me lifting.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Retail therapy.

Also, I'm trying not to leave the house "undone" which means hair right, nails right, outfit right, makeup right. I feel better about myself when I know I look put together. Admittedly, it's harder than it seems sometimes, especially when all I want to do is hide in my bed.

All my *amazing* friends here encourage me to go to the gym when I feel blue. Come January, that's going to be my goal.

That's me too, I never leave the house without my face on, "real clothes", showered, blow dried, etc. I have my 'routine' down and it takes me less than half an hour to get ready to go anywhere. If I look my best, I feel my best.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    anal bleaching
  • mains1524
    Options
    i listen to very loud music it gets me pumped up and makes me feel like i can do anything