Potty Training

Options
kgillikin
kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
Any advice of potty training? My boy/girl twins are 2 1/2 and take off thier diaper if they pee in it one time. So after going through a huge box of diapers each in less than a week I decided it was time to potty train. So far not so good. I set the timer to go off every 15 minutes and they have to sit on the potty. So far since 8am Cade has had 3 accidents and MaKenna has had 2. It has only been an hour and a half.

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My son just turned 3 and he does the same thing with his pullups! So now after the first accident I put him in his "big boy" underpants. It's easier to do laundry than to keep going though pull ups. I feel your pain though! The timer is a good idea. My son is now pooping in the potty but has a lot of peeing accidents. He does tell me when he pees because he can't stand being wet but I just wish he would use the potty BEFORE he has an accident. Gotta love kids though!

BTW...You have a beautiful family!
  • sbernardy
    Options
    I am in the same boat... It's not working so well.... :(
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat... It's not working so well.... :(

Cheerios seem to work well for target practice!:laugh:
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm having difficulty with my 3 year old boy too. I think part of it has to do with if they are ready or not. I feel like for us, me making him sit there when he is totally against it is setting us back. It is frustrating though. So ready to be done with diapers!