Anyone trying to GAIN weight?

Options
I'm vegetarian and celiac (gluten free). I'm trying to gain weight but find it difficult to consume all those calories. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?? Thanks guys.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    GOMAD! (Gallon of Milk a Day)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Fats. full fat milk/yogurt/cheese. cook in oil. nuts/seeds, peanut butter...

Do you do eggs or seafood? good options there if you do.
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    GOMAD! (Gallon of Milk a Day)
    Works like a charm
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yes, in my *kitten*, but I don't think you can spot gain :|
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Grab a spoon and a jar of natural peanut butter. Insert spoon into jar. Insert spoon into mouth. Repeat.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    As already suggested, eat more and drink more whole fat milk. Also try adding olive oil to your food. A few tbsp. a meal will add on a substantial amount of calories over time.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I was a little light in the *kitten* myself about a month ago and used whey protein to gain weight. Not sure if it's gluten free or not but blend it with strawberries, peaches, bananas etc at least twice a day with soy milk. You can probably gain a few pounds with whey.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yeap, I been on a gain cycle for 3 months now.
  • shinonse
    shinonse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, cakes, don't move so much, cheese, a can of nutella a day.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yep, currently.

My advice is:

1. Eat more food.
    2. Eat more often (not for any bogus metabolism argument, but because of the physical limitations of your stomach).
    3. Eat more calorie-dense foods.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Grab a spoon and a jar of natural peanut butter. Insert spoon into jar. Insert spoon into mouth. Repeat.

Say that again, slowly this time...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

i love it when you talk dirty
  • angelacubbage
    angelacubbage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, Please do not listen to all these people telling you to eat a ton of fat, sugars, (gallons of milk), oils, etc. That will only cause you health problems and you would surely feel like crap. Your body will level out at your ideal weight when it is fed what it needs. Just eat whole foods. (fruits, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds) The nuts will definitely help you put on some weight.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

This is pretty solid advice
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Ok, Please do not listen to all these people telling you to eat a ton of fat, sugars, (gallons of milk), oils, etc. That will only cause you health problems and you would surely feel like crap. Your body will level out at your ideal weight when it is fed what it needs. Just eat whole foods. (fruits, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds) The nuts will definitely help you put on some weight.

who are you going to believe?? the girl with one post?? or the rest of us with 27430937383211 posts??
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

who are you going to believe?? the girl with one post?? or the rest of us with 27430937383211 posts??

I dunno man, she *is* kinda cute...and at least half of your posts are things like "KTHXBAI" and "ORLY?"...so...

Nah, I'm still going with CA and FR on this one.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

There are good fats and bad fats.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    yes, but I'm not about to do it by eating all fatty crap. No thanks... I'll just keep adding meals.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    yes, but I'm not about to do it by eating all fatty crap. No thanks... I'll just keep adding meals.

Because eating fat makes you fat, right?