What's your NSV today???

Options

Replies

• Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Was kicking around with my shaper vest the last few days and realized I could go into the smallest level of hooks... turns out I can actually go down a size! A whole new vest is kind of expensive, but progress!
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Was looking at my medical records, comparing my weight between visits, ans realized that my blood pressure has gone down from 136/75 to 102/65!
    :D
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Fitting into clothes from 2009. Being told i was skinny froma colleague...i should wear taylored more often. Pt being surprised i lost weight so quickly. Definitely a mid range australian size 8 now. Now to focus on toning not weight loss!!!!
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My NSV is not giving in! Have had a horrible month of poor choices and lack of discipline,and yesterday when I was trying to convice a friend at work to order take away so that i could (big greasy bag of french fries, coke and a chocolate) i suddenly realised that i wanted to lose weight more that i wanted that food. I have been having a really hard time emotionally the last while, and even though i've increased my work out up to 4 days a week of martial arts i've been binging on an almost daily basis.

Its my sisters wedding next week, both my sisters are slim and gorgeous, and even though the wedding is so close i have been bingingand trying not to think about how embarrased i will be standing next to them. I have always been the type to hide from what i don't want to realize, but i decided enough is enough and i will not hide anymore.

NSV: I am taking responsibility today, all on my own, without prompting or needing anyone else to give me the motivation to do it. This time it is all me.
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    I had to prematurely (I am only halfway to goal) buy a couple of new suits because my old suits suddenly make me look like David Byrne in "Stop Making Sense" - Google it if you don't know what I am talking about. Wearing new suit today and it looks great!
  • BIRT1956
    BIRT1956 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A male co-worker today made a comment to a much younger than me female co-worker (she's about 30, I'm 56) that she should be so lucky to look like me when she is my age. A compliment? I'll take it!!!!! :laugh:
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today: I took the stairs instead of the elevator...4 flights down and 4 flights back up. I haven't done that in ages and I was sucking some serious wind when I got to the top, but by golly I did it! And I'm going to do it again tomorrow...and the next day...and the next...:happy:
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Had to stay away from the gym for 3 weeks (work and the family getting sick one after another, including me!). Felt like a lump for the past week and been itching to get back to the weights.

I didn't have a lot of time last night to work out, so I figured I'd go for deadlifts, dumbbell incline press, and one-handed overhead push press. 3 weeks off, I figured I'd be exhausted after the deadlifts alone, much less do heavy work on the presses.

Hit 500 lbs on the deadlift and got 550 halfway up (last time, 550 just barely left the ground!) And this was after doing 15 DLs at increasing weight.

Went to the press, and everything felt light - maxed out at 60 lbs each hand x 5. My left arm gave out first as usual (I do my throwing with my right arm, so it's still significantly stronger).

And to finish out, kept going up and up on the one-handed press, finishing out with a single push press of 110 lbs!

And this morning I feel GREAT! If I had done the same thing six months ago, I would have been stiff, sore, and out of energy. So my NSV is my body proving to me that it's not gonna quit on me, so I better not quit on it!
  • mindilina
    mindilina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tried on a bridesmaid dress from over 2 years ago (and before my baby) and it zipped up today!
  • javs_23
    Options
    Went to the front of my Body Combat class for the first time rather than hiding at the back!!
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can now walk into a Victoria's Secret and actually buy a bra!! Before, my cup size was too big... Now I have lots of fun styles and colors to choose from!! SO EXCITED!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP 40 days... had to tighten up my HRM chest strap today :)
  • Dennish68
    Dennish68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    mine was making pecan pie for everyone in the office and not having a piece because i didnt "earn" the calories for it by working out this morning. I chose to sleep in instead. JUst a few months ago, i would have had a huge piece anyway. I was ok with my choice today because it was just another small decision i made that i can add to the other small decisions that will ultimately make me have 100% trust in myself.
  • Poecile
    Poecile Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today I kept having to tug up my trousers at work today. :blushing: They aren't terribly loose to the point of falling down completely, but I'm starting to consider a belt for the first time since high school!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    I just found the online race results from a 5K I ran 2 weeks ago, and I placed 10th in my division! I've dropped 6 minutes off my 5K time since June.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    240 of logging every meal and snack

And I had to tighten up the strap of my banjo because it was too big!
  • SMiller074
    SMiller074 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband picked me up and carried me into the kitchen with ease. And I don't think he's gotten any stronger XD
    Also I bought my first pair of skinny jeans

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I walked by a nearby restaurant that I used to frequent a few times a month. I looked in to see if I recognized anyone. Everyone looked fat. They were stuffing fries in their mouth, laughing at being fat. That was me not six months ago.
  • empot
    empot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ran six miles and totally showed up the fit guy on the treadmill next to mine!
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got through a Circuit Training exercise today (with modifications) that I could even do 10 minutes a month ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!