Seeing results.

Options
Everyone knows that you can't see immediate results, and it comes at different stages for everyone. I have lost almost 40 pounds these last three months and I can't see a difference in 96% of the things I do. I'm losing weight in weird spots so I'm losing weight and inches, and I'm certainly gaining muscle yet I can't fit in smaller sizes.

I'm not looking for a miracle (though wouldn't that be nice) but I think I need some sort of confirmation that I've lost weight.

When did you guys realize that you were getting smaller or that you noticed a difference? Pictures?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I still don't "see" a difference, but some others started to notice when I'd lost 25% of my original body weight, and most everyone did when I lost 30% of my original body weight. I see a drop in clothing size at about 10% loss (of whatever my weight is). Although I look at my pants in the morning and think they are impossibly small, they fit-and I still don't "see" any difference when I look at myself.
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a huge favor and take pictures every 2 weeks or so. It was really difficult for me to tell the difference when I looked at myself in the mirror every single day, but comparing images really helped. Also get a tape measurer and measure hips, wasit, and neck and report them to MFP.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ^ I agree. Photos make a big difference. I don't see much in myself, but I went back and looked at my "start" day, 30 days in, and 60 days in, and it was a HUGE difference (I'm seeing more progress in inches than pounds). I am using that to keep myself going. I don't see a day to day difference, but the photos don't lie. Some of my co-workers started to notice around 15# and my husband has just recently said he sees a difference. It's hard when you look at yourself in the mirror everyday. Plus, we get used to being critical of ourselves so we may not see the real progress. I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain the weight in a couple of months, and I'm not going to lose it that fast either.
  • aedavidson79
    aedavidson79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good advice about taking a picture every few weeks. The visual reminder will be a motivator when the scale is slow to move. I am going to do that.
  • NureeniWright
    Options
    I sometimes see the difference and sometimes I don't. I was always around 80kg as a teen and then I shot up to around 100kg and now i'm down to 76.5kg. I'm not sure if my self image now is really messed up or if I was still just seeing myself as the way I had always looked when I put on all that weight. Probably the latter. But I did take some measurements at my higher weight and looking at those really help me see how far i've come. Especially since i've thrown out a lot of my old clothes so I can't tell that way.