Food scales?

Options
Can anyone recommend a really great food scale? Looking into getting one and want to get "the best" hahaha

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I love my Eat Smart! food scale, and they have great customer service. if anything goes wrong with it, they send you a new one.

it's a really great scale and it has helped me tremendously. I weigh EVERYTHING. http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1355271239&sr=8-4&keywords=eatsmart+scale

I love ES! so much that I went back and bought their body weight scale, too.
  • Keto_Keith
    Options
    I just got a 12.00 Escali Primo. Works great!
  • bilberryjam
    bilberryjam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try one from Salter. They're easy to use, accurate, lightweight and pretty reasonably priced. There are lots on Amazon and you can read the different customer reviews.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've had 4...

1) current and favorite is the EatSmart Precision Elite scale. It's accurate, easy to read and use. Big weighing area so you can read the numbers while there is a plate on it. I'd recommend it!

2) second favorite is the Oxo Good Grips Food Scale. I like this one, but am not too crazy about how it shows ounces with actual fractions (1/2, 3/8). (In contrast, the EatSmart Precision Elite measures ounces to 2 decimal points making it easier to enter in MFP). One thing I do like is the OXO readout pulls away from the unit so you can see it if there is a big plate or bowl on it.

3) My least favorite was the EatSmart Precision Pro Scale. A) I spilled some liquid on the buttons and it never worked again. It's in the kitchen, it should be moderately able to handle a few dribbles. B) I'd weigh something, step away, come back to find the weight had gone up several grams. It was frustrating. C) It's small so a small plate covers the numbers you're trying to read.

4) my first food scale was a Salter. It worked fine, but only measured in .5 increments. Annoying.
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try one from Salter. They're easy to use, accurate, lightweight and pretty reasonably priced. There are lots on Amazon and you can read the different customer reviews.

^^ This. I have a digital Salter scale and it's fab.
  • cyberbidder
    Options
    Before you buy check out Old Will Knott they have most brands and 1000's of scales. I believe thay are also the losest priced around.