OLD SCHOOL THINKING

Options
Worried about trans fat or salt? That's a little old-school. If you want to stay current on dietary villains, you'll want to start thinking about sugar.

Lots and lots of sugar — as in 77 grams, or nearly 20 teaspoons. That's how much added sugar the average American consumes every day, according to a 2011 scientific report, and that's not even factoring in the sugars naturally found in fruits, vegetables and milk.

JOANNE MONIZ
THE SKINNY ON OBESITY GROUP

Replies

• cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself...staying 'current' means being a slave to trends. Trends come in and out of fashion. What you are punting ( and have done so in a previous post) is the latest trend. No one food is the 'villain'.
    This kind of thinking is old school
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself...staying 'current' means being a slave to trends. Trends come in and out of fashion. What you are punting ( and have done so in a previous post) is the latest trend. No one food is the 'villain'.
    win

also didnt you post something very similar to this about 4 hours ago
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - I wonder if you will answer my question here. You FR's me and I ask a polite question about one of your wall posts and you delete the question and then when I ask why you delete me. But from what I saw you say sugar causes a fat belly.

<
    eats about 100g a day of sugar
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - I wonder if you will answer my question here. You FR's me and I ask a polite question about one of your wall posts and you delete the question and then when I ask why you delete me. But from what I saw you say sugar causes a fat belly.

<
    eats about 100g a day of sugar
    i get close to that most days!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Stop it, we got it the first time
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    troll much
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Lame scare mongering post is lame.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This.

The first three sentences in the OP are the main reason I refuse to panic over food.

I think for nostalgic purposes, I'll go back to being afraid of eggs and coffee.
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options
    I give you credit that by rotating your profile pic by 90 degrees you look all spidermannish which is badass. But that doesn't mean you get any street cred with your early 90's sugar busting silliness.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    are you saying we should not worry about trans fat?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sugar and I were fooling around, and sugar tried to put it in the wrong place WITH NO WARNING!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    read about, or ask your doc about what skinny fat means
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options

Does it mean I can walk on walls?!? Sign me up!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

my doc says trans fat be bad. she says no to trans fat. she went to a bunch of schools. Old and new.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think the fear mongering is getting a little old....and lame....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

My bloodwork from my last two physicals was perfect and when I had some minor surgery in October, the anesthesiologist was shocked at my health (in a good way).

I'm not really worried about "skinny fat."
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat means having low muscle mass compared to fat at a low bodyweight.

WTF do you think it means?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    this may be the first time i have ever said this and meant it.

Reported.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Worried about trans fat or salt? That's a little old-school. If you want to stay current on dietary villains, you'll want to start thinking about sugar.

Lots and lots of sugar — as in 77 grams, or nearly 20 teaspoons. That's how much added sugar the average American consumes every day, according to a 2011 scientific report, and that's not even factoring in the sugars naturally found in fruits, vegetables and milk.

JOANNE MONIZ
    THE SKINNY ON OBESITY GROUP

Lollercoaster
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I had an ice cream cone tonight.
    I am way under my caloric maintenance goal.
    Conservation of energy & mass FTW.