Anyone in college?

Options
Looking for friends that are currently in college and know the struggle of eating on a strict budget or eating in the dorms!!

Replies

• renothecat
    renothecat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you! I'm currently at home, but will be back at school soon with our "lovely" meal plan. The struggle is real
  • cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    in grad school and live in an apartment, but i'm definitely on a budget!
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshman in college and know exactly what it's like to have to eat healthy with a meal plan. Feel free to add me!
  • krbillings
    Options
    I just joined My Fitness Pal with the goal of losing those few pounds I gained from starting Freshman year!! I totally understand the stress of meal plan and dorm eating! You can add me too!
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm in college! Feel free to add me :) I live in an apartment so I know what it's like trying to eat healthy but also inexpensively!
  • sarahxx68
    Options
    Technically live at home but pay for everything myself and cook for myself. Definitely find it hard to stick to a budget. I have to plan my meals out ahead of time or I buy junk food because it is cheaper.
  • meredifish
    Options
    I'm a college senior, living in the dorms and on the meal plan because I figured both would save me time. While having prepared food at my disposal can be convenient, there are a few aspects that are simply le suck. Today, for instance, the salad bar was shut down at 1:30 to prepare for restocking for dinner, as were most of the other stations. The ones that were still open? Why, the ones serving corndogs, onion rings, and mac and cheese of course!

Aaaanyone else see a discrepancy here?

Enough ranting. I think it's really admirable that we're here, on mfp, trying to get in shape. When I tell people my age I'm trying to get fit, many say "Oh, I would, but my class schedule and work schedule just keep me soo busy". I realize everyone has their own journey, but you have to fight and make time in order to improve. Life doesn't provide time to catch up; after college stops being the most time-consuming thing in your life, in comes an internship, a career, babies, etc. Hooray for making a commitment, even when it's not convenient.

Let's be frenns!
  • jryepin
    jryepin Posts: 114
    Options
    Yeah I'm in my sophomore year and have undoubtedly gained the freshman 15 along with the sophomore 10 -_- I just felt so lazy and unhealthy and decided that I needed a change. It doesn't help that my job is going to require me to be in somewhat decent shape so I decided no better time than the present! I know we all talk about the negatives of eating in the dining hall but I did find a few positives.
    It definitely keeps me on a schedule when it comes to meals and I like the salad bar. I think the main thing I needed to practice was self control and avoiding the pizza station >.>
    Anyway feel free to add me!
  • slickrocka
    Options
    Im living in dorms, So keeping count is so much easier for me and going to the gym is a habit lol
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I'm in college and working and living on a small budget trying to be healthy instead of the ramen noodle diet lol!
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in nursing school, 7.5 hrs of class 5 days a week plus 2+ hours of studying every day. No time to work so I'm surviving off of loans and oatmeal. :-P
  • bellacobelgium
    Options
    I am in college and I don't think I am ever going to graduate. I am making an MOS out of being a student.

Our school has a cafe, but they are so unhealthy. They do have a salad bar but of course they are going to charge the most on the good stuff for you.
  • jvw317
    jvw317 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm a senior in college next semester. I live off campus, but I don't have a car and there are no grocery stores within walking distance, so I eat out every meal. It's tough, but I have found healthy options (still high in sodium unfortunately). Add me if you'd like!! I need more friends on here:))
  • tisearls
    Options
    Hi i'm Tiffany I am a college student. I commute but eat on campus all the time
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm at university, pretty much college in non american terms :P it's hard but i find I don't buy a lot, i eat but find it hard to eat enough.......its odd i know so my diary changes constantly. I'm vegan too and love making new friends on this so anyone and everyone hit me up a line :D
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm in graduate school. :) I've got a really tight budget myself. Though I do live in a place where vegetables are pretty cheap - I buy everything at the marketplace and cook for myself.. I believe it's healthier and cheaper in the long run.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in college too. Not in America though, but definitely having my own room here in the city and low budget :laugh:.
  • thisisfine
    Options
    I'm a junior in college and I find it difficult to stay motivated about eating healthy and exercising :( I want to be healthy though! Feel free to add me I'm looking for people close in age so I can get more motivated
  • fragrantair
    Options
    I'm in college. Finals week, anyone? I'm up all night these days and it's hard to fight off the munchies xDD