My Weakness right now is hitting the GYM! :( HELP!

Options
I use to be all about going to the gym... mostly 3-4 times a week. But since Fall hit I feel off from going. My mind is whats holding me back w excuses... lack of energy. Im doing great w counting calories and eating right.... All I need is 2-3 day straight of workingout and I knw I will be back on the game. What the heck is w me?? :S

Replies

• Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you !! The one thing I always do is tennis, Thankfully. I love working out, I enjoy the gym but lately I cant get off my rear end to go. I was sick a week ago with the flu and have been lazy and eating poorly since. I was gonna go tonight, but didn't. Not sure why. I'd been planning on it since yesterday. Just gotta do it!!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble. Been working out 6 days a week almost every week for nearly 5 months. And suddenly in the last week or two, it takes everything I've got just to make myself go 3 times. I took 3 days off in a row last week for the first time. :blushing: I went tonight but felt like I was gonna burst into tears just putting on my workout clothes. I'd love to blame the gloomy weather and/or the fact that there's an epidemic going through the building in which I work, like maybe my body is fighting off the bug or something making me more tired.

Maybe when the holidays are over it will be easier. I sure hope so! I've loved working out until now.
  • Rocio2382
    Rocio2382 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel you on that... I love working out to. Its a stress reliever to me and I feel happy after working out :) I guess I lost myself. I knw once I hit that gym continuiously for at least a week I'll be good. Just gotta DO IT! You wanna make it happen?! YOU AND ME WORKOUT TOMORROW... what do u say? and report back on our progress! * Team Motivation!*
  • Rocio2382
    Options
    Yea.... I told myself once I start hitting the gym 3-4 days a week not to let myself take 2 or more days off from going cuz if I do then I end up falling off :S I knw myself. Once I get started, Im not letting that happen again!
  • Leeann1979
    Options
    I would like to challenge us to each exercise tomorrow!! Even a walk, just something to get us off our rear ends!!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm with you. I was supposed to exercise today and I only slept 5 hours last night so after a full day of work instead of going to the gym I went home and went to sleep. Boo. Try again another day. lol.

I too have managed my calories well and have lost 10 pounds in the past 3 months.
  • joslin2005
    Options
    I'm the same way..... Have you tried changing up your workout? The monotony can make me quit all together. There are tons of workouts on youtube. You can also google printable workouts. Or you could simply go for walk/jog/run around the neighborhood to get a little scenery. Check out bodyrockers as well. If you have a pinterest account, check out the health and fitness section. They have ton of motivational pictures, quotes, and workouts.
  • sbozik123456789
    sbozik123456789 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love working out, but most of all I love the feeling I have after a great workout and I am dripping with sweat, sounds bad but the more sweat the harder I feel I worked out, and with 20 lbs gone in 7 weeks its motivation, remember all you need is 3-4 days a week for 20-30 min to make a difference.
  • LinkousSara
    LinkousSara Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i am also fighting with lack of motivation now! i usually try to reward myself with something, not food, for my first full week back at the gym. Rewards: new book, tanning, new nail polish... it works for me! and then i get to look at my pretty nails while i sweat on the elliptical.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I use to be all about going to the gym... mostly 3-4 times a week. But since Fall hit I feel off from going. My mind is whats holding me back w excuses... lack of energy. Im doing great w counting calories and eating right.... All I need is 2-3 day straight of workingout and I knw I will be back on the game. What the heck is w me?? :S

IDK, I know if I had to skip a week I would lose my motivation.

I know that there are days that I really just want to stay in bed, but I drag my butt into the gym and get it done. I want to look like the girl in my profile pic, and I am never going to do it if I let myself slack.
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump... im in hibernation mode too.. although im counting calories too, i too would like to hit the gym 4 days a week, but lack the drive to get it done... its probably wont hit me till new years.. but i dont want to wait that long!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    ditto everybody!!!!!!
  • PilatesConvert
    PilatesConvert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For me it's about routine. Going to a gym doesn't work because it requires me to leave work, go to the gym, do that, go home, I'm home late and hungry and tired, etc. I hate 'gyms'. I love the energy of exercise.

My solution was to find a type of exercise I could do in the mornings (when I have energy and can propel that added energy through the day) that involved accountability, support, and worked into my daily routine. I found a pilates studio near my bus stop that I had to stand by ANYWAY, but now I go in for an hour 2-3 x /week & exercise, then continue with my routine. This solution doesn't work for everyone, but finding a way to integrate exercise into the places you'll be ANYWAY greatly cuts back on the ability to make excuses for not going. You're already there. I also prefer classes over a general gym membership because of the support, instructor suggestions, atmosphere, etc.

Think about what works for you, your routine, etc. Maybe you're making things harder than they need to be. Maybe your exercise would work better as long walks instead of driving or team sports instead of the eliptical alone.
  • Leeann1979
    Options
    I always find that I'll be motivated all day til after work. I will eat well all day, and plan to go to the gym or do some workout, but by the time I get home from work Im so dead tired. I work 2 jobs, and they are both super busy, on my feet jobs, so I usually just wanna lay on the couch (except for tennis, I can make myself play almost any time). Between work, a kid, a home, etc, it can be so difficult to find the time, but finding the motivation is even harder, even though I feel great and motivated after working out. Ugh. I know I'll be more motivated after christmas, especially since I asked Santa for new exercise and tennis gear!! I just wish I could start now!!!!!!!
  • EQV73
    EQV73 Posts: 41
    Options
    For what it's worth, I try and do my workout for five weeks and then take one week off. I use that fifth week as a motivator to get through the weeks when I'm dragging. That time off also gives me some much-needed recovery time. During my time off in the fifth week, I revisit my routine and change some stuff up which then motivates me to start my new gym cycle. Good luck!
  • sramirez952
    Options
    I know what you mean!! But this is what I tell myself everyday about the gym : 1 hour of gym is on 4% of your day, NO EXCUSES!!! , but what also helps me is I workout to things I like!! For example, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba!! I enjoy going every Tues and Sat because I LOVE IT, also treadmill and elliptical. I would not be caught dead weight machines or doing hardcore workouts. Do what you like :-)
  • Rocio2382
    Options
    THANKS YOU GUYS! All this info im going to take in and use it for motivational fuel. I gotta do like Nike and JUST DO IT! ;)