Three rewards when you reach your ultimate fitness goal?

Options

Replies

• NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    1/ Decent photos of Hubby and I.
    2/ Trip back to New Zealand to show off my accomplishments.
    3/ A tattoo or two.
    No need to have clothing as one of the treats as I will need them anyway.
  • NikkiDea48
    Options
    1. Staying off my high blood pressure medication and avoiding the various health issues that run rampant through my immediate and extended family;
    2. Feeling happier and more confident in my own skin; and
    3. My dream bed....just like the ones you see in the department store windows, complete with the fluffy duvet and tons of pillows!
  • flutternfly
    Options
    1. custom made leather jacket from here: http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/

Love the idea! I'm incorporating it too!

1. A LuLu Lemon outfit--top, pants and jacket. I've been wanting one since April 2012 (after losing 25.5 lbs in 6 weeks and losing my challenge). I decided I could buy it when I hit my goal but couldn't justify the expense before that.

2. A pair of custom jeans from MakeYourOwnJeans.com sounds fun. I didn't do the jeans challenge at the gym because I thought I'd rather take my $100 entry fee and buy my own jeans at the size I want to be at when I'm finished.

3. A commemorative piece of jewelry. Not sure what yet!

I am also thinking I might be needing a tummy tuck and boob lift. Lots of extra skin!

I'll just be grateful not to worry about going to the doctors (I've experienced that already), not being winded walking up stairs and inspiring others to make healthy choices.
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a LuLuLemon outfit!

My goals after losing 30 pounds and successfully running 10k in May:

1. Being confident and feeling fabulous on stage at my university undergraduate graduation on May 23, 2013

2. My first LuLuLemon outfit! I frequent Walmart ......but after my weightloss this would be awesome! (Top, pants, jacket, bra, undies, the whole outfit! :D would be so fun!) I have never spent more than like 25$ for a top but this would be a sweet present for myself!

3. A new bathing suit (MAYBE EVEN A BIKINI) I have never owned a bikini but this would be awesome

oh,

4. I would love to take scuba diving lessons! <3
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This thread brings up an interesting point that I have noticed. The people I know who are the most fit tend not to have an 'ultimate fitness goal', but rather short-term and medium-term goals and the belief that fitness is not a process with a discrete start and end.

I think that this equates to the 'lifestyle change' often referred to here.

Also the thought that being healthy is some sort of terrible thing that you need to 'reward' yourself for doing seems wrong-headed.

Not trying to be negative here, just making an observation. It seems like if you enjoy fitness, it is enough of a reward in and of itself, and it becomes just a way of life rather than something that you 'do' and need to reinforce through rewards.

Am I just crazy?
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that a lot of people have "getting a tattoo" as one of their goals. Tattoos rock! I have 5 with plans to get at least one more. They are quite addicting.
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    1. Tattoo
    2. Bikini
    3. Lingerie
    4. New Wardrobe
  • Thegle
    Thegle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This thread brings up an interesting point that I have noticed. The people I know who are the most fit tend not to have an 'ultimate fitness goal', but rather short-term and medium-term goals and the belief that fitness is not a process with a discrete start and end.

Also the thought that being healthy is some sort of terrible thing that you need to 'reward' yourself for doing seems wrong-headed.

Not trying to be negative here, just making an observation. It seems like if you enjoy fitness, it is enough of a reward in and of itself, and it becomes just a way of life rather than something that you 'do' and need to reinforce through rewards.

Am I just crazy?

You'r e crazy, NOT! You have a good point being fit or liking a fitness activity, should in essence be the same thing as buying food, breathing air, and walking. It's something that should be part of our lives. "Weight" has become the only measure of ones success in recovering ourselves from an easy lifestyle and most "health" website are only designed around this measure. You could be quite thin and have no muscle and be classified as "unfit". So who is rally more fit? The person lugging around a 200lb body when they should be around 165 or someone who can barely lift an eating utensil if they lift one at all?

Let me rephrase my response, my ultimate fitness goal:
    1. Life
    2. That the word "fitness" and all it's meanings becomes part of who I am without further thought
    3. and a new tattoo as a permanent reminder of who I am and what life is all about.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Am I just crazy?

I think that's why I just don't have a reward. My body is my reward. When I get to where I want to be, I won't need any reward.
  • a_moondragon
    Options

Am I just crazy?

Hmm, I suppose you are right in some ways. When scale numbers are the true goal and that magic number appears, it can seem as though you've somehow finished and can go to Couchpotatoland. My "Ultimate" goal is just to be able to get my non-runner self to run a 5k in 30 min, the weight loss is more icing for me. Though, I don't imagine I'll quit running after I accomplish that. I'm starting to get to the point where my non-runnerliness is almost runnerly.

I hesitate to assume that weight loss is the fitness goal each poster is rewarding him or herself for. It may be the likely choice, but not a sure one. Maybe it's doing handstand pushups? Besides, perserverance is worth rewarding.
  • Kelly4740
    Kelly4740 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nice question! I think about this often..
    *More ink
    *Tiny clothes
    *Gymnastics
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    1. when I reach my weight loss goal I'll get my stag tattoo
    2. when I reach my fitness goal I'll get my wolf tattoo
    3. a photo session (not nescesarily sexual, but definitely sexy)
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    1. Get a sexy new tight dress
    2. Cute my hair shorter
    3. Send my ex a " look at me now photo" in my new dress w my new hairstyle
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    a tattoo (or 2) a buffet, and new clothes:happy:
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well.....that is a hard one since I am a mother of four and thinking about myself first is a tricky thing to do.

Here goes:

My top three goals after I lose 100lbs

1) Book a Disney cruise for the family
    2) Go back to Isle of Palms, SC
    3) Buy the most gorgeous dress I can find and flaunt it because I got it baby!!! I may not have a special event to go to, but I will make one just so I can wear the dress :)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    A NEW PEIRCING
    A NEW TATTOO
    A SANDALS VACA :happy:
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1. A new pair of Corral boots
    2. A night out at Billy Bob's Texas (I love that place, they get all the great acts!)
    3. A weekend to South Padre Island with no kids and no phones. Just me and husband.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1) Season Pass to Cedar Point
    2) $2000 for new clothes
    3) Cruise (not sure where yet)
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    As I just started and have a long way to go, it is hard to imagine a thinner, healthier me... I do however know exactly what I want to reward myself with...

1. To run a 5k
    2. A super sexy bikini
    3. A new tattoo...
  • kenyabenya
    Options
    1. Get a sexy new tight dress
    2. Cute my hair shorter
    3. Send my ex a " look at me now photo" in my new dress w my new hairstyle

i second this!