Need more veggies

Options
SToast
SToast Posts: 255 Member
I've never been much of a veggie eater. I really need to get more into my diet. Ideas? I love anything spicy. How do you guys get lots of veggies into your diet without getting burnt out or bored?

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I've never been much of a veggie eater. I really need to get more into my diet. Ideas? I love anything spicy. How do you guys get lots of veggies into your diet without getting burnt out or bored?

Veggies are overrated.
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    add them to spicy curries or stifry
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Stir fry your veggies in Chili Oil. Or steam them and add red chili flakes and garlic along with some butter or olive oil, S&P. There are a million ways to make delicious vegetables. Check out Epicurious.com or Allrecipes.com or Foodtv.com. Soups and things like spaghetti sauce area great vehicles for disguising vegetables.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy, look for some Indian veggie dishes. And I find that regular recipes for Indian food you can easily cut the fat in them by 1/2 or more and still have tasty results.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Dip raw veggies in hot sauce.
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i could eat spinach at every meal. I just try new ones just to do variety
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Dip em in ranch or some sour cream dill sauce with hot sauce mixed in (since you like things spicy). I keep carrots/broccoli cut up and ready to grab in the fridge for quick snacks. I add spinach to most meals, even if it's not in salad form. Add them to your eggs in the morning in a scramble, sandwiches/soups/wraps for lunches stirfrys/pastas/etc for dinner.
  • stephgreene
    Options
    I like cut up red pepper slices as snacks and a big salad for lunch with lots of veggies
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Veggies are overrated.

^This
    I usually only eat veggies if they are on a pizza, burger or salsa.
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies!!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I try to have salad when I can but mix it up with bbq chicken or taco meat. Also keep finger veggies on hand like baby carrots or celery to munch on
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do green smoothies usually but got kinda burnt out on them. I do love curry and Indian food so that is a great idea. Keep 'em coming guys.
  • JessicaEsqueda
    Options
    I ADORE veggies. But I'm always changing it up. Balsamic vinegar makes tomatoes and asparagus DELICIOUS. Squash is great in many ways, though I usually like winter squashes just with butter and salt. If I also have a sweet tooth I add a touch of brown sugar and nutmeg. Brocolli with a good deal of black pepper, brussel sprouts with black pepper, cauliflower with ginger or curry powder-- all some favorites.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just about everything is SO good roasted! Olive oil, salt and pepper are all you really need. You can play with garlic powder, chili powder, Cajun seasoning, etc. Easy and delicious!

Also, mass quantities of baby spinach will wilt right down into soups and stews.