THE REAL REASON WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EAT SUGAR...

2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    It's strange but I don't get a sugar high at all, never have. I never get a buzz from caffeine either. My son is the same. We both have ADHD & you would assume that it would send us up & over.... but nope... not even a hint of a buzz or high ....

I think I'm missing out.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I have a no pop tarts after 9pm rule for this reason :tongue:

Other carbs seem fine but pop tarts give me super powers or something. :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I have a no pop tarts after 9pm rule for this reason :tongue:

Other carbs seem fine but pop tarts give me super powers or something. :laugh:

You must eat pop tarts wit metamucil and a multivitamin.

The anti sugar people won't explain to me if that makes them Lustig approved, so I assume that means they are.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Made this mistake a few times, having a couple of apples and hot chocolates, too close to bedtime, staying up too long into the early hours, and then ended up dragging myself to the 24hr gym to take advantage of the extra energy, lol.
  • Heat something up in your death box. Then when you eat it, the radiation will kill all the biophotons in the pineapple and render your body free of sugar. That's what I learned today. It's science!

But, will it get rid of my gunt?!
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    It's strange but I don't get a sugar high at all, never have. I never get a buzz from caffeine either. My son is the same. We both have ADHD & you would assume that it would send us up & over.... but nope... not even a hint of a buzz or high ....

I think I'm missing out.
    Lol, for most people that know about ADHD, wouldn't assume such things. Since most ADHD drugs are actually stimulants for normal people, I figure the opposite could be said about caffeine. It probably calms you down, instead of hypes you up. I tried an adderall onece and it had me climbing the walls. But trust me, you're not missing anything from a sugar high, except a sugar crash, and those suck.
  • Angiecorrin
    Angiecorrin Posts: 3 Member
    Ha.... Pineapple who would have thought. I have been surprised by the sugar content in fruit, I always blow out on my daily allowance.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    C-SPAN
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Heat something up in your death box. Then when you eat it, the radiation will kill all the biophotons in the pineapple and render your body free of sugar. That's what I learned today. It's science!

But, will it get rid of my gunt?!

LOL...haven't heard that term in awhile :wink:
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member

I think I'm missing out.
    Lol, for most people that know about ADHD, wouldn't assume such things. Since most ADHD drugs are actually stimulants for normal people, I figure the opposite could be said about caffeine. It probably calms you down, instead of hypes you up. I tried an adderall onece and it had me climbing the walls. But trust me, you're not missing anything from a sugar high, except a sugar crash, and those suck.

Beat me to it! Caffeine is supposed to help calm down people with ADHD...my son has it (I suspect I do too), he hates coffee though, but other things help!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    memebase!!
  • GanjaBall
    GanjaBall Posts: 31 Member
    waarrrrmmmmm milk ;D

Agree!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    wait, you ate half a pineapple and can still feel your lips????????
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    I usually deal with sugar highs by running around in circles, doing jumping jacks, basically any sort of intense, but gleeful cardio. It's the only time I can be motivated to do cardio voluntarily. :)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Now I need pineapple - fresh pineapple mmmm...

but all I have are mangos and strawberries :sad:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

I think I'm missing out.

Beat me to it! Caffeine is supposed to help calm down people with ADHD...my son has it (I suspect I do too), he hates coffee though, but other things help!

This is interesting-- I am calmed by caffeine and sugar doesn't seem to affect me, but I don't think I have ADHD. Maybe I do and I just never realized it. :)