I am Brand New

Options
Hi all! I am really excited to start this, I have heard a lot of great things. I am getting my mom to join so we can motivate each other but I would like some friends. I am getting closer to 30 and my doctor said for a woman it is 80% of what we eat. So I am trying to get my whole family eating better. I am a picky eater, so that puts a wrench in things. I have 3 children under 5 and have a full time job so exercising has been hard to squeeze in but I am going to start again slow. I always have a hard time getting motivated. Although my husband means well, he loves me the way I am and doesn't encourage as much. I have a desk job and he has a physically demanding job so you can imagine he doesn't "need" to exercise. I am not considered "overweight" but by 10 lbs but have kept an extra 30 from baby # 1. I am being realistic and don't want to go back to that because I was tiny. But I would like to loose 15-20. Thanks for anyone who friends me for encouragement!
Linda:smile:

Replies

• ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am sort of brand new! I really want to do this & I would love someone to be friends with to encourage each other! I started on here once before but didn't stick with it! This time I am going to get serious about my health!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost a year - I am on day 350 today. Feel free to send me a friend request.

I have lost 36 pounds this year (all between January and May) and have maintained since June. I am now working hard at losing another 20-30 pounds. I exercise almost daily - running, jogging, walking, and strength training.

Best of luck - if you stick with it, you will get results!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you'd like.
  • Colorfulbutterfly
    Options
    Welcome Linda!!! I joined a week or so ago myself and must say that MFP is a great help!!! Happy getting healthier! feel free to add to me as a friend! :)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    anyone is welcome to add me if you want. I am on at least 6 days a week & try to be an encouragement to folks.
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have started back too, as I left for a while. I am 49 years old and I am about 30 pounds overweight and need to lose because I want to stay healthy. Everything runs in my family! I try not to say I am dieting. I am eating healthy. When I was younger I was a fanatic with exercise and as you get older is when you really need to stick with it. I need all the encouragement I can get too so send me a friend request if you like! You and your mom can do it!
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda,

I'm 33, with 2 small kids, and I work too, so I understand about not having much time to exercise. I've also not got much to lose, so feel free to add me.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    ME TOO LETSZ ALL B FRENDZ
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • iamtutt
    Options
    Welcome!! Welcome!! I am new to MFP but not to the activity it takes to achieve the goals we want! Feel free to add me, I am looking for encouragement as well.
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    All who are posting here to newcomer Linda I would love to be your friends also. Please send me a request if you would like. I think we could all motivate each other. Have a great day!

Val
  • 2bfit4rubyred
    Options
    ME TOO LETSZ ALL B FRENDZ

You go gurl
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda ~

While I don't have small children (my one is grown); I do have a desk job and my husband is retired and doesn't need to "exercise" b/c he can't sit still. However, he does like to exercise but he's just not able to do what I do...like the Tough Mudder workout or running as far as I run. He is also so much bigger and muscular then me, so he can eat all kinds of stuff I can't get away with...so I'm feelin' ya on that.

You really just have to learn to hold your stance and say no to the things you should not eat on a regular basis and only give in once in a blue moon....once in a while is okay; but make sure it is truly once in a while and not often, so you don't sabotage your weight loss goals.

Make sure you make long term changes to your life style that you can live with forever..b/c this isn't a short term change...it's for life! You'll be happy with the changes you make if you do this and the weight will stay off.

Add me if you like; I'm always open to new friends. :smile:
  • lindammartin84
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You guys are great! I will have to remind my husband, you don't show me love by bringing home chocolate or cake! I am pretty revved up about this!
  • officegirl27
    officegirl27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me!
  • lindammartin84
    Options
    My mom just joined last night Yippee! She needs friends now AdaTata1! Thanks!