Travel Food

Next week I am flying across the country and I'm looking for some decent snacks. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Almonds are my go-to travel snack!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    I took protein bars on my 17 hours of flights
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Protein bars are good. 1/4 cup of trail mix fits in my calories.
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Rice cakes w/ peanut butter, PB+J Sandwich, Crackers, Pretzels, Nuts, Cereal
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Jerky
  • petepie2
    petepie2 Posts: 6 Member
    apples, nuts, cheese sticks, protein bars
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    i travel a lot and honestly you can over eat healthy snacks too...if you are just sitting in the airport eating a ton of almonds and jerky thats not good either..depends what kind of eater you are (i say this because i am a mindless eater...ill just snack and snack) i cant tell you how many entire BAGS of almonds and jerky ive just plowed through snacking away.

i always pack sandwiches, or turkey roll ups and stuff that is a little lower fat and low carb so i can have a little more of it and it last a little longer, and fruit is great too! its clementine season and those travel super well

and dont forget TONS OF WATER!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Fill up on liquids. Just because there is food doesn't mean you need to eat it.
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Happy to find this topic. I needed some ideas for travel snacks and the reminder that one CAN eat too many "healthy" snacks. Calories is Calories. :-) I'll try to remember to chew gum or eat a mint and drink water. Most of my travel snacking is simply out of habit thinking I gotta be eating something the entire time I am driving.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    I also like a single dark chocolate bar and a big hot cup of green tea. It fills that junk food craving and is not to bad. Also the tea is great for the fuller feeling. (Plus its super yummy!)