Body image/husband advice!

Options
2»

Replies

• johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would take it more as a way of saying they could show anything why pick to zoom in on her *kitten*? I have no idea who the girl was but presumably she had more flattering features they could have focused on.

Another angle is I recall in the Olympics there was a member of the women's volleyball team who did not appear to be in shape at all. My comment was I am not in tip top shape myself or anything, but I'm not in the freaking Olympics. Come on!

I wouldn't read too much into it. It is a ring girl's profession to be model-esque. It is a professional athlete or Olympian's job to be in elite shape.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i think the fact he said that means he thinks yours is better :) i mean otherwise i highly doubt he would have said jack so id let it go :) however i think you should work on your self esteem; you look great, youve done great and accomplished so much so be proud :D
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi
    From a guys point of view , Your over reacting , We see flaw in everyone except the ones we love . Don't let it bother you !
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Divorce.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    It sounds like maybe he quickly thought up something to make it seem as though he was not attracted to her and not hurt you feelings (maybe) without realizing what he was quickly saying sort of applied to you as well, if that makes sense. But, it bothers me period when men comment on women in anyway, especially in front of their parner because women have enough social expectations and eating disorders and self-esteem issues, that men should really cut us some slack and be sensitive. If it were me, I would speak to him about it... but that would just be me. If something is bothering me then it is important enough to be discussed.
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy. I like girls. Guys aren't very bright sometimes. We occasionally say things off the cuff that aren't relevant, and inspired by a portion of our partially recessed Neanderlithic inner self. In other words, we're idiots every once in awhile. 97% of the time, we live in the real world. That other 3% of the time, please simply forgive us.

In short, he still finds you sexy - especially when you're giving him the attention he gets nowhere else. He considers himself lucky to have you. Don't let one stupid comment spoil things. He saw some girl's *kitten* that was supposed to be perfect for the whole world, it wasn't. Your *kitten* is perfect for him - he's obviously lucky it's around for him to look at!

In short - women are gorgeous (including you), especially the ones who choose to be with us guys!
  • AliciaFlagg
    Options
    My fiance and I have that relationship as well! He is always pointing out flaws of actresses and beautiful women, and I always say something. I ask him if she is ugly wth do you think of me LOL. He always says "I love you, so none of that matters, but they are focusing on her body and she has imperfections. Not something I want to see on tv." He just feels that if they are on tv and are supposed to be a sex symbol they should look the part, kind of thing. I know it sounds shallow but I get what he is saying haha
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Honestly that kind of stuff bothers me too at times--if my btr half wld comment on someone (including those on tv) whether expressing distaste or complimenting, I wld have to agree w/most of the ppl who have commented to this thread...LET IT GO. I'm learning to understand that my btr half loves "me" in all my imperfections whether physical or not. :)
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice, like I said usually I feel pretty good about myself, especially since joining myfitnesspal and reading all of the message board stuff- it's inspiring! I do sometimes get a little insecure, but I'm going to just let it go. Like most of you said it was just him being a guy and he probably hasn't even thought abut it since! I feel much better about it now. You guys are awesome! :)
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was saying it because he didnt want you to think that he was staring at her *kitten*?
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was saying it because he didnt want you to think that he was staring at her *kitten*?

There is this . . .
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    6a9aabb9e27f93b1cccc7b80a6d19ae2.jpg