I need some fitness pals

Options
cln714
cln714 Posts: 174 Member
Hello and happy Tuesday to you all!!

I have been on the site for a week and I love it!! I'm really finding out about how wrong I was about my diet. There were things I was eating every day that I thought were good for me (like cheese, and peanut butter) I am finding were really keeping the weight on. I only have about 15 lbs to loose but, let me tell ya, it hasn't been easy. In recent years I've been gaining weight, not exercising, and feeling fatigued and miserable.

I just started walking 3xs a week with a friend and I'm already noticing a difference in my stamina and energy! That's made me want to do more. I'm hoping to start the "couch to 5k" soon.

I'm looking to make some friends on here to help make myself accountable. I feel like I need some support and inspiration and I would love to be able to return the favor as well.

Replies

• Vonne
    Vonne Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome! Add me, I'm always looking for more support. I'd be happy to help you too!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    MFP is great. I love this site. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 45, mother of two teenagers, and trying to lose about 40 pounds that have hanging on since my pregnancies.. I would love your support and hope I can help you too!
  • SandyRob
    SandyRob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just got started with "Fitness Pal" through a friend. I figure the more friends the merrier, to help keep us motivated.
    Feel free to add me as a friend!

Sandy
  • shanna618
    shanna618 Posts: 21
    Options
    Add me too! I just joined a little over a week ago and love it! I want to lose 15-20 lbs so we can keep each other motivated!
  • healthbug
    healthbug Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome! Let's be fitness pals!
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Everyone please feel free to add me :o)
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is great! Let's all be friends! Anyone add me if you'd like. We all could use the support.
    Kenzie
  • Virgology80
    Options
    Add me too. I have been on the site myself for about a week. Looking for women like me who have noticed that after age 25 I just can't eat whatever I want anymore. I HAVE to excercise and eat right in order to loose or even maintain..... And guess what else (this was a shocker to me)... eating 5-6 small meals a day actually makes you LOOSE weight... IMAGINE THAT !!!! :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ! ~~~

Almost 30,

MELISSA MARIE
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Please add me - I need as much as possible, I have recently stopped smoking and I am exercising like crazy to fit off any excess calories I put in my mouth and I just seem to be maintaining - All please add me as I need as much help and support as I can get at this point and time my for MFP journey - Thank you.
  • sarapeavey
    sarapeavey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree; let's ALL be friends! It's much easier when you have people you can relate to, are accountable to, and have the support. It helps keep us all motivated and on the right track! Add me too, if you'd like! :)
    Sara
  • BridgetE
    BridgetE Posts: 10
    Options
    I'd be glad for the support and will offer mine as well. Anyone is free to friend me. Have a great day!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Add me too ladies!! I've been on the site for a month and LOVE it. I;m yrying to loose between 20-30 more pounds!! i'd love the support :)
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    dont't leave me out add me to i got along way to go and a short time to get there heres good luck to everybody
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have been on MFP for a month and this is the most success I have ever had. The food diary was a real eye opener!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been on MFP for about a week too, and need to lose 10-15 more lbs. I have 2 kids, and recently went back to work. Sitting on my hind end has not helped my already bad habits!!! So I have started working out three times a week, I gave up soda completely, and thanks to MFP I can actually be accountable fot what I eat.

I would love to offer support and share ideas, feel free to add me too!

Good luck everyone:flowerforyou:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow.. look at all of the support! I wish some of you lived in my area... then we could all get together and keep each other motivated. This is the next best thing though... I really think that having MFP be a positive part of my day is going to help my progress instead of dreading coming to log in... I am on the road to losing 45 lbs! My short term goal is 20 lbs by my birthday/vacation May 31-June 6. I need to get on the ball!!!! Add me if you like.
  • JennyH86
    JennyH86 Posts: 4
    Options
    I feel your pain, cutting back on cheese is a nightmare! I can't get enough of the stuff! Feel free to add me :)
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ha... Jenny... Cheese used to be the second love of my life... It has been so hard for me to cut it out as much as I have! It is fantastic with everything! Now, I try to use less when I can and none when I dont really even get the pleasure of enjoying it...
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Add me too. I feel the support is what gets us through the day. Everyone's stories and weight losses are inspiring to me. Add me as a friend. Good luck!