Favorite place to buy Athletic wear

Options

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love Lululemon...alterations are free and super comfy and cute. I do pilates, yoga, strength training and everywhere use like shopping and walking. Pricey but worth every cent in my opinion...:flowerforyou:
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    **Where do you buy your athletic wear?

www.lululemon.com
    www.runningroom.com
    www.cw-x.com (Through any of the retailers listed on their site).
    www.underarmour.com
    www.karmawear.com (Through local dealers).

**If you go to the gym, what do you wear?

Gym? WTH is that? You mean to say there's more to exercise than running outdoors with plyometrics & HIIT at home? :smile:

I wear a mix of the above brands, usually shorts, sometimes capris and always a tank, (I love love LOVE working out in these, http://bit.ly/12lA16p). However, when running in cold weather I use CW-X compression tights, Salomon running sweaters/jackets with UA wicking base layer underneath.

**Best sports bra you own/owned?

This one! http://www.movingcomfort.com/Juno/350025,default,pd.html

I've owned many over the years ranging in size from B to E (all depending on weight at the time, of course). I've tried everything from mass-produced name brands to handmade imported brands, and this one wins my vote above all for support & comfort.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My clothes are a mix of New Balance, Old Navy, and Gapfit. I love the Old Navy compression pants because they come in petite!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    joesnewbalanceoutlet.com
    underarmour.com
    newbalance.com
    RUN NYC shop
    lululemon.com
    athleta.com

Wear to the gym? compression capris and a wicking tee - sometimes shorty shorts over tights, sometimes yoga pants and a workout tank

my best ever sports bra ive had for 5 years and it was a NB one.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    www.kingsizedirect.com
    www.casualmalexl.com
    www.oldnavy.com
    www.newbalance.com

Being 6'3, large frame, and just barely 300 lbs, I rarely am able to just walk into a store and pull something off the rack. Even if they have a Big & Tall section. I am pretty much stuck with online shopping.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Everything I have was bought at Walmart. I haven't been back to Walmart in a few months though and likely will never go back as everything you buy from there just plain sucks in quality. I'm unsure as to where I'll buy when it comes time to get new stuff, but I'll probably buy online from amazon or something.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart is banned in NYC :bigsmile:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Most of my workout tops are Nike (dri fit tanks). I have a few wicking shirts (Nike & Prana). My yoga pants and capris are Nike and shorts are Prana. Shoes are always Nike.

I buy the Nike gear at the Nike Outlet or TJ Maxx.
    I buy the Prana at TJ Maxx.
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Thx everyone
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I buy whatever I can afford, I wear whatever I have.
  • CigsNBeer
    Options
    eastbay.com or finishline.com
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    Athleta sport bra! I will never go without one again. It's worth the price tag.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Target or Big 5, or Sports Authority. I usually buy whats really cheap. Mostly, I wear my "b" level t shirts and a pair of shorts.

I have "A" level and "B" level shirts.
  • coops9999
    coops9999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Marshall's or TJ Maxx - You have to be lucky, and know when they get their deliveries to scope the primo gear, but I find Under Armour, Nike DriFit, Adidas etc all the time and for a price that's nice :-)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The thrift store! I've found some fancy brands and practically new stuff for a couple bucks!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot and need a lot of activewear, so I cannot spend too much on expensive athletic wear. I buy all my stuff from Walmart. They fit great, last very very long and are also dry-fit, not to mention inexpensive.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Terry bicycle for women's bicycling clothes and title 9 for great bras etc
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has my favourite stuff.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mellie_mellie
    mellie_mellie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Lorna Jane.. obsessed!! www.lornajane.com.au

SUCH gorgeous workout gear :)

I think that most girls who workout in Australia own something Lorna Jane!