long or short dress? ur opinion

ok im going to a xmas party friday night. i saw this dress for $12 brand new at my fav consigment shop. but then i i lifted it up and thought to myself that it looks better shorter. what do you think? should i go with this dress or should i go buy a shorter dress to show of my legs? or is the shorter one to "skanky." i dont want to look like an "old mom" in the longer dress either.
*** sorry pic came out huge...but if you left click the pic you can see both pics...dunno what i did wrong :(

10365vd.jpg

Replies

• there is only the one pic..? i like it i wear mid thigh length but its all on opinion i would wear a little longer with some sky high heels
  • ok im going to a xmas party friday night. i saw this dress for $12 brand new at my fav consigment shop. but then i i lifted it up and thought to myself that it looks better shorter. what do you think? should i go with this dress or should i go buy a shorter dress to show of my legs? or is the shorter one to "skanky." i dont want to look like an "old mom" in the longer dress either.
    *** sorry pic came out huge...but if you left click the pic you can see both pics...dunno what i did wrong :(

10365vd.jpg

i like the longer one i saw it just my opinion get some awesome heels and leave it longer
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    I could only see one picture, too, but I would go with it a bit longer.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    ladies, thanks for your opinion, please left click so u can see both pics. the dress comes at the longer lengh, i just picked it up to see what it would look like shorter. should i keep this dress or buy a shorter one?
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    I like the longer version (I saw both pics). I think it's a little more...classic?....sophisticated? I think you look GOOD in it! :)
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    First question is what type of party? For work, sit down dinner, dancing???? And how old are you?

You've got great legs and look like you can pull off a short dress easily. On the other hand, the dress in the picture shows a lot of skin on top, so no worries about looking like an "old mom" even if you wear it long.

I really think it would depend on the type of party. If there will be dancing and drinking, short! If it's a more conservative, sit down dinner, then long.

okay, edited 'cause I can see both. I like that particular dress longer, but you definitely have it hemmed a couple inches to show a little more leg but not quite as short as you are holding it. Or I'd second the opinion of getting some sky high heels if you can, maybe even some that are sparkly or embelished to match the top of the dress.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    I think in-between both of those lengths would be the most flattering. I think mid-thigh one is a touch too close to "clubbing" outfit vs christmas party. Maybe just right above your knee.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Personally I like longer better.
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    You look really fetching in the short one, but I vote for the longer one too.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I wouldn't go as short but it does look a little long. Maybe like 1/2-1" above the knee would be a better length.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Long.

Always long.
  • 4jamaica
    4jamaica Posts: 69 Member
    I think you should make it a little longer than in your picture (I can only see the short-hem view)--when you sit down, there should still be fabric covering your booty :) To counteract lowering the hem a bit, you can make your legs look longer with an open-toed, high-heeled shoe in the same silver color as the neckline. Good luck!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    I'd be afraid to sit in a dress that short! Not to say you look bad in the short one, but the longer one looks really nice. (I know it's the same dress, but you get the picture.)

I vote for some really beautiful heels to complement that gorgeous neckline, too!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Longer length definitely. Since the top is more sexy, a short length will be too much.
  • Longer definitely, but with some strappy heels. They short one definitely borders "skanky"
  • megamie
    megamie Posts: 8 Member
    I think in between would look good too. Very nice find. Have fun.
  • I vote long (just above knee) with really amazing heels! It's sexy and looks fabulous on you! Now go find the right shoes! :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    I think in-between both of those lengths would be the most flattering. I think mid-thigh one is a touch too close to "clubbing" outfit vs christmas party. Maybe just right above your knee.

This. Personally, I like the shorter version better, but I'm not a fashion roll model.

Short version plus black tights would be less club-wear.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Longer.

I'd only wear the short one with leggings. Maybe silver ones for a holiday party. And fun red shoes.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Haven't read all the comments, but in the pic I see, I'd say if you are going to wear the dress that short at least wear either some tights or a cardigan/wrap over it. That much shoulder and that much leg looks like a clubbing outfit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!